• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Man I'm totally bummed reading that the 2023 Pro's don't have the necessary wiring as ACC is about the only feature I wish my Pro had, well that and passive entry.
Just want to clarify that you can do it on the 2023 Pro but you need to have the Tow Technology Package.
Sponsored

bizz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe, Ford F250
Just want to clarify that you can do it on the 2023 Pro but you need to have the Tow Technology Package.
Appreciate that. I was aware of that though and I don’t have that on mine :(

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Appreciate that. I was aware of that though and I don’t have that on mine :(
Didn't mean to play semantics but you triggered my thread watch and I had to go double check my wiring photos, don't want to confuse others that may stumble across this thread. Really unfortunate Ford couldn't have standardized the harnesses by trim and just left blanks for the various packages' sensors/modules.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Good news is that it went much quicker the second time! Now that I'd learned how to do it, it only took about an hour and a half to get the radar unit installed and the wiring harness swapped out.

FORScan took me good hour to get working on MacOS (using wineskin and the OBDLink EX adapter), and maybe another hour of clicking around to get all the necessary hex digits in the right places. It freaked me out when the first write caused my truck to reboot and start reporting a bunch of errors, but by the end of the process everything was working perfectly.

I also ran into the same issue that this member had with the CCM unit not appearing until the IPMA was written.

Once it was all working + calibrated, I took it my truck for a spin on a quiet two lane highway and the system performed flawlessly. I was really blown away by the UX of the lane keeping system. For some reason it feels more natural to me than other lane keeping systems I've used. It's not as advanced as some of the other systems out there, but it works very well for my needs.

In conclusion, this mod was completely worth it for me. The addition of Adaptive Cruise + Lane Keeping makes boring freeway driving so much more bearable.

priceb

First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
College Instructor
Thanks for putting together the PDF write-up. Success on a 23 XLT with Max Tow and 9.6 Pro Power (No Tow Tech). The wiring was already populated from the IPMA to C134.
Sponsored