Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer. ***Update 10/16, fixed after 5 weeks***

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The CSP regarding the HVB or LVB BMS? And how long is the bumper to bumper warranty again?
I would say all of them, but definitely the front sensor CSP. They had my 12V battery on their charger and it still dropped into the 25% charge rate.

Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36k miles.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Funny enough I had water in my lightbar AND Frunk Lights within a few months of taking delivery (Live in FL). I brought it in to dealer (6/12/2023) and they had "record" of it being a potential problem so it was replaced within a few days but I believe with the same part. The recall officially came out like a week later, but I've not had the issue since.

Currently I have the following notices:
23S30 - Potential of cracks in rear lightbar
23B70 - Battery Monitor Sensor may under repot 12v Battery capacity during OTA Software Update
22S71 - Recall windshield wiper motor
24B56 - Front park aid becomes inoperable due to "Front Parking Sensors Not Available"

One other side note. Back when I took it in for the rear brake light bar moisture, I made a comment about my Front sensor randomly throwing an error twice in a few months and it was disregarded. Seems it is the newest notice.
Not getting that BMS sensor replaced is gonna cause you more problems than it's worth in the long run. You will end up having numerous issues relating to a low 12V battery because it won't be getting recharged back up the way it's supposed to until you get the new sensor.

Originally very early on, the lightbars were replaced with other lightbars that were either getting damaged during shipping and/or had the same micro cracks in them. That's been sorted now.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I would say all of them, but definitely the front sensor CSP. They had my 12V battery on their charger and it still dropped into the 25% charge rate.

Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36k miles.
Then they weren't using the correct settings. They were likely using the CCA settings for a 36AH battery instead of maxing it out like you're supposed to when doing programming. This has been discussed several times on the FMC dealer tech forum.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Somehow, 90 minutes after the last conversation, a phone call came in saying the Lightning was done, washed, camera confirmed working correctly and ready for pick up. I got a ride to the dealer, checked it out, and drove it home. Everything works as it should. The claim was that my part was ordered incorrectly, but the correct part came in for one that has only been in the dealer a few days. They gave me his part and he will get mine Friday. Don't know or care if I believe them, but I have my Lightning back after five weeks. I noticed only one thing different that I like a lot - my auto high beams now start operating at 22 mph instead of the 32 it has been since new. As I live in a very curvy, wildlife and tree covered area and leave for work at 5am, this is a very useful change.

Was it a software or hardware issue? I don't really know.
Wishing you happy trucking this point forward!

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Funny enough I had water in my lightbar AND Frunk Lights within a few months of taking delivery (Live in FL). I brought it in to dealer (6/12/2023) and they had "record" of it being a potential problem so it was replaced within a few days but I believe with the same part. The recall officially came out like a week later, but I've not had the issue since.

Currently I have the following notices:
23S30 - Potential of cracks in rear lightbar
23B70 - Battery Monitor Sensor may under repot 12v Battery capacity during OTA Software Update
22S71 - Recall windshield wiper motor
24B56 - Front park aid becomes inoperable due to "Front Parking Sensors Not Available"

One other side note. Back when I took it in for the rear brake light bar moisture, I made a comment about my Front sensor randomly throwing an error twice in a few months and it was disregarded. Seems it is the newest notice.
I don't know about the wiper motor replacement, but my BMS replacement was done by mobile service. I would definitely get that done because it seems to eliminate some OTA update issues ... and seems relatively hard to screw up the replacement.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I don't know about the wiper motor replacement, but my BMS replacement was done by mobile service. I would definitely get that done because it seems to eliminate some OTA update issues ... and seems relatively hard to screw up the replacement.
Any tips on how to get them to do the mobile service on it instead of bring-it-in service? I try to click through the process online and it never works. Tried multiple dealers around me too. I am a millennial so I obviously can't call.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Any tips on how to get them to do the mobile service on it instead of bring-it-in service? I try to click through the process online and it never works. Tried multiple dealers around me too. I am a millennial so I obviously can't call.
I called my dealership and set it up with them. The dealership sends out the mobile service, if they offer it.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
They broke my truck!!! I was so nervous about having this done. UGH.

2023 ER Lariat that was built in December 2023 that has been flawless for 14,000 miles.

They took it for a test-drive after the 3 failed updates and now the truck is flashing "pull over" messages to the driver and they have no clue what they're doing or what's wrong.

This is horrible. Worst fear unlocked. Do not get this done! I really thought people that were warning about it were being hyperbolic.

My truck has been downloading updates since I bought it like a pro. Was on 6.14 and then just got another the other day. Everything has been perfect with it.

What have they done???

I’m getting high-voltage battery alerts now

Last edited:

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Mine has been in the shop for a week now due to 24B56. Dealer can’t figure out why the front cameras won’t come on when approaching something.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I just spent hours on the phone with the dealer and Ford BEV. They are not being forthcoming with information and I have definitely been lied to. The "part" that was "on order" was cancelled without the dealer knowing three times. An FSE was supposedly out and expedited a replacement part that came in yesterday. I was to pick the truck up last night or this morning. At 2:59 the dealer called and said the part that came in and was ordered was the incorrect part, and another would be expedited - was in stock in Detroit - and we may have it by Friday.

The Ford Dealer and Ford Motor Company BEV took a perfectly good vehicle and rendered it useless. I made the grave mistake of buying instead of leasing, and installing the full HIS at my home. Three times in the last month, with long power failures I had no power, as I made the mistake of spending $7k on the HIS instead of a Generac.

I'm afraid my dealer has no clue. I'm in a small town and they don't get many electric vehicles.

How long should I give them to fix whatever they've done before calling the Ford BEV team? Do you have some good contact information for them?

I'm getting high voltage battery warnings now. Did you receive any alerts on your truck while it was in the shop with them?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I would call BEV team immediately, especially if your dealer is EV inept.
Sponsored