• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
The manual says:

"Upon making a proper battery connection (see Section F or G as applicable), plug AC power cord into an AC receptacle. All unit LEDs will light momentarily, then only the LEDs corresponding to charging settings should stay lit. The charger is now in Standby Mode. To activate the Power Supply mode, push the VOLTS button until the LED corresponding to Power Supply is lit. Note that this will disable all other controls and settings, such as battery type and charge rate settings. Press the START/STOP button to engage the Power Supply mode.

When the unit is operating in Power Supply mode, the display will show “PS” and the green Charging Complete LED will be lit. In this mode, the charger will supply steady power with a goal of maintaining steady system voltage at 14.1VDC, allowing the current supplied to the battery/system to vary as needed from 0-20 amps. If there is an increase in system need, the charger will react to it and supply as much current, up to 20A, as needed to maintain system voltage. If system
voltage drops below 13.2VDC, the amber Charging in Progress LED will light in addition to the green Charging Complete LED to alert you that the charger may not be keeping up with system demand.

Like battery charging, if at any time during Power Supply mode operation, you wish to stop the charger, you can push the START/STOP button to return the unit to Standby Mode."

When I was using my PL2320 I used to put a charge on the battery to get it up to at least 90% SOC before starting any programming. The PL2320 is good for anything that doesn't go longer than about 25 minutes on a GT. You can check your SOC between updates and get your 12V battery back up above 90% before the next round if you think it might dip too low while updating. If while watching the lower right corner of FDRS you ever see your voltage dropping close to 10.0V it's time to cancel and go get more battery, whether it's pulling up another vehicle alongside with jumper cables or some other alternative.
Perfect. This has worked on all my modules thus far. I have the IPMA module remaining, just waiting one my SOC to get above 90%. Is the IPMA module update long? I have read it is a long update then I have also read that is just because it may "hang" during the update process. Just want to make sure I have a reliable setup before attempting it.
Sponsored

ditkafan1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
For those that have the INC100 - what mode do you use when running FDRS updates? Service or Flash Reprogram?

The specifications on their webpage indicates that "Output Current: Service/13.5V,0-70A,Boost/14.4V,0-70A,Flash/13-14.8V,0-70A cont,100A int" - so I'm curious what people who have this use.
I use Flash mode. It seems to maintain a more consistent voltage on the battery over Service.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Perfect. This has worked on all my modules thus far. I have the IPMA module remaining, just waiting one my SOC to get above 90%. Is the IPMA module update long? I have read it is a long update then I have also read that is just because it may "hang" during the update process. Just want to make sure I have a reliable setup before attempting it.
The IPMA update Itself takes about three hours! That does not include any hangups.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I would not attempt an IPMA/PSCM update using only a PL2320. With a Mongoose the IPMA is 2.5 hrs.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would not attempt an IPMA/PSCM update using only a PL2320. With a Mongoose the IPMA is 2.5 hrs.
Yeah. I see that now. What is the recommended power supply to use to be able to handle IPMA updates?

Additionally, what is the best spot to hook to cables up from the external power supply to the battery?

Last edited:

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, the update did complete with no errors. I think I probably could find a better location to hook my charger up as my voltage did drop during the process more than I think it should have. I did not receive any errors during programming. It did hang at configuring so I had to restart everything. I ran the configuration tool and all seemed good. I do however know have a DTC on my SCCM relating to the IPMA. I received this DTC: U023A:08:2A and I can't get it to clear. However I did also find this relating to my VIN:

SSM 52224 2021-2023 F-150 - DTC U023A:08 After Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) Reprogramming [Some 2021-2023 F-150 vehicles may exhibit DTC U023A:08 after reprogramming the SCCM. Do not replace or reprogram the SCCM, image processing module A (IPMA) or their components for this condition at this time. This DTC does not alert the customer, will not affect vehicle durability or vehicle operation and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that will reprogram the IPMA and is expected in Q2 2024. Monitor OASIS for additional information].

Finding that, I think I am good but unsure. Is there a way I could re-run both the SCCM and IPMA updates just to be sure?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, the update did complete with no errors. I think I probably could find a better location to hook my charger up as my voltage did drop during the process more than I think it should have. I did not receive any errors during programming. It did hang at configuring so I had to restart everything. I ran the configuration tool and all seemed good. I do however know have a DTC on my SCCM relating to the IPMA. I received this DTC: U023A:08:2A and I can't get it to clear. However I did also find this relating to my VIN:

SSM 52224 2021-2023 F-150 - DTC U023A:08 After Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) Reprogramming [Some 2021-2023 F-150 vehicles may exhibit DTC U023A:08 after reprogramming the SCCM. Do not replace or reprogram the SCCM, image processing module A (IPMA) or their components for this condition at this time. This DTC does not alert the customer, will not affect vehicle durability or vehicle operation and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that will reprogram the IPMA and is expected in Q2 2024. Monitor OASIS for additional information].

Finding that, I think I am good but unsure. Is there a way I could re-run both the SCCM and IPMA updates just to be sure?
You might try running just the config app for the SCCM. That will put the correct asbuilt values from the cloud back into your SCCM module. Just in case that's the problem.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You might try running just the config app for the SCCM. That will put the correct asbuilt values from the cloud back into your SCCM module. Just in case that's the problem.
I thought of that but oddly didn’t see a config to run for the SCCM. Maybe I am missing what I should run.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If the IPMA update is no longer in your list you can do a PMI on it to re-install the software and settings. Just remember to say "no" when asked if the original module is installed during the process and everything will repeat.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I thought of that but oddly didn’t see a config to run for the SCCM. Maybe I am missing what I should run.
Select the SCCM from the module list on the left to filter the tools list on the right. It's easier to find that way.
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Lightning_SCCM_Confi

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Make sure you go back at the end of any programming and clear and retest the modules. Key on, Engine Off while doing that test.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I re-did the PMI for both SCCM and IPMA. I also re-ran the configuration for both as well. The DTC is still there. It is a known issue per the Ford SSM I posted earlier so it looks like I will have to wait for another IPMA update? I don't really know...

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I assume they can, but can a dealer see that I programmed the modules myself?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But I won’t tell if you don’t.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: GDN