• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I'm all for punitive idle fees. I've been stuck for more than hour waiting for the owner to show up so that they can unplug from the only working station. A couple of weeks ago, I waited for 40 minutes outside of a Walmart for the owner of Chevy Bolt to move their car. Charging had completed, but apparently, their shopping had not.

You can give them a 5-10 minute grace period to run back to their car. After that, $20/min. It's rude and selfish behavior.
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
All I want is a charger that is available and that works to its rating. At slightly higher than fossil fuel prices, it's worth it for the quiet ride. The other 99% of the time, I enjoy the home charging at off-peak rates.
Exactly. I'm sure EA has spots here and there where their equipment works as it should, but that has not been my experience so I'm probably a little more jaded than others on this board.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
The increase to $7 is hard to swallow. Equipment rarely works as intended. The time suck of changing chargers is substantial. Will cancel my EA plan. There are other options in my area.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The other 99% of the time, I enjoy the home charging at off-peak rates.
The inverse is the case in Mass (tolled by the minute at $0.29 PASS+) this comes to nearly half my home charging costs!! Example below $15.29 plus $0.80 for [ 1/5th of the four dollar monthly member fee] vs at home $24.34!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1689774192930

After any big road trip I end the event with a 10-80 top off at a Mass located DCFC, minor daily travels I'll charge at home at the more costly rate of $0.258 KWH.

Last edited:

Gary H

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Super Duty
Occupation
Truck Driver
They are about to price me out. Some people will drop them as soon as Tesla miracle, Chargers come out

Sponsored

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
EA is raising their Pass + membership to $7/mth and changing to a per station price per kWh model. Having Pass + will get you a 25% discount on the kWh rate. The only good news is enforcement of idle fees. The monthly fee from $4 to $7 is quite the jump in price and will encourage me to reconsider it it's worth it since I only use DCFC when I'm towing my trailer. I will definitely cancel my plan if I know I'm not going to charge in a given month.
I am on the same boat. Whenever I tow my camper, I will pay the monthly membership. That is the only way I would get my money back for the + discount. Anyways, their service is deteriorating in the SE. Mediocre stations, minimal availability and low reduced charging rates. Lately, I crinch when I approach any of their stations to charge in the SE. Can't wait for Tesla Supercharging network.

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
I only sign up for EA Pass+ when I leave on a road trip, which is the only time I do DCFC charging. With the 25% discount I save $7 on the very first DCFC charge. Well worth the $7 fee for me.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm actually considering downgrading for the balance of the summer, I spend little time in the truck, most miles are on my motorcycles, but you're right one big charge session does payback immediately.

Math in a toll by the minute state: 37 cents vs 29 cents a minute.
$4 / $0.08 = 50.0 [minutes of session time]
$7 / $0.08 = 87.5 [minutes of session time] (two big visits based on my trip habits)

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I've been paying the fee since September and I used dcfc alot in the beginning but now only once a month. I keep wanting to cancel but once a month covers the fee. But then again I hate to go a month without dcfc and get charged the 7 bucks.
I'm at 12000 miles.

Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 SmartSelect_20230718_102153_Electrify America

Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 Screenshot_20230720_095441_Emporia Energy

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm actually considering downgrading for the balance of the summer, I spend little time in the truck, most miles are on my motorcycles, but you're right one big charge session does payback immediately.

Math in a toll by the minute state: 36 cents vs 29 cents a minute.
$4 / $0.07 = 57 [minutes of session time]
$7 / $0.07 = 100 [minutes of session time] (two big visits based on my trip habits)
Always good to see that the Tax expert knows math. ;)

Just to point out, the breakeven for those that have charging by the kWh is:

$4 / $0.12 = 33.3kWh
$7 / $0.12 = 58.3kWh

In other words, one charge.

Of course with variable rates per station coming, breakeven needs to be done per station...

-----------
I edited your post to reflect my corrections to my prior post

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Is there any chance per station will be lower kWh than 36?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Is there any chance per station will be lower kWh than 36?
Slim chance I'd guess, but someone just won the powerball so there's always a chance!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Always good to see that the Tax expert knows math. ;)

Just to point out, the breakeven for those that have charging by the kWh is:

$4 / $0.12 = 33.3kWh
$7 / $0.12 = 58.3kWh

In other words, one charge.

Of course with variable rates per station coming, breakeven needs to be done per station...

-----------
I edited your post to reflect my corrections to my prior post
@TaxmanHog, I think I have to rescind my praise for your math skills...

Regular per minute rate in states that charge by the minute is 37 cents. Pass+ rate is 29 cents.

37 - 29 = 8 cents, like you had. Not 7 cents.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog, I think I have to rescind my praise for your math skills...

Regular per minute rate in states that charge by the minute is 37 cents. Pass+ rate is 29 cents.

37 - 29 = 8 cents, like you had. Not 7 cents.

My math skills are not the issue, though my reading comprehension is in serious doubt.

Thankfully I'm retired and no longer responsible for tracking billions of dollars in un collected payroll tax revenue at the enterprise level :geek::eek:

I miss read this table on the 36/KWH rate, it is indeed 37/min, so my prior computations are correct, now to go back with egg on face and fix my post ..... oye thank God it's Thursday.

Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1689879766071
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1689879843108
Sponsored