• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Massachusetts members, our deeply discounted by the minute rate is a thing of the past!!!

I went to EA this evening to top up my Lightning from 35% to 80%, was hoping the old rates of 29c / minute would still be in effect until the transition on 8/17..... unfortunately this is what I was charged, at the Pass+ member rate of $0.36 per KWH !

It's now cheaper to charge at my home with a $0.258 per KWH rate, that will be the MO henceforth unless I'm on a road trip, then DCFC and the time value of waiting much less time will be worth it, especially when towing the trailer, it's a necessity based on my trip plan.

The one benefit of ~RIGHT SIZING~ the charging scheme is we may see fewer Tesla's at my favorite Wrentham station, they can resume using their proprietary station in Mansfield just 9 miles down the road, unless Teslas fees are substantially higher.

This is what I paid tonight which took 40 minutes at the old rate would have been $12.33 including sales tax at 6.25%
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1691978850391

Compared to last session August 4th was 40.48 minutes in duration, (note this is actually tolled at $0.29 / minute regardless of statement showing $ per kWh)
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1691978988839

The idle time still appears to be free until the 17th based on this screen.
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 1691978795702
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Massachusetts members, our deeply discounted by the minute rate is a thing of the past!!!

I went to EA this evening to top up my Lightning from 35% to 80%, was hoping the old rates of 29c / minute would still be in effect until the transition on 8/17..... unfortunately this is what I was charged, at the Pass+ member rate of $0.36 per KWH !

It's now cheaper to charge at my home with a $0.258 per KWH rate, that will be the MO henceforth unless I'm on a road trip, then DCFC and the time value of waiting much less time will be worth it, especially when towing the trailer, it's a necessity based on my trip plan.

The one benefit of ~RIGHT SIZING~ the charging scheme is we may see fewer Tesla's at my favorite Wrentham station, they can resume using their proprietary station in Mansfield just 9 miles down the road, unless Teslas fees are substantially higher.

This is what I paid tonight which took 40 minutes at the old rate would have been $12.33 including sales tax at 6.25%
1691978850391.png

Compared to last session August 4th was 40.48 minutes in duration, (note this is actually tolled at $0.29 / minute regardless of statement showing $ per kWh)
1691978988839.png

The idle time still appears to be free until the 17th based on this screen.
I suspect EA finally got approved to charge by the kWh, not that this is the new rate set to go into effect.

In looking at their pricing, it's clear that this is the reason. Wyoming is still per minute, as is Georgia. Didn't look past that.

Welcome to the majority...

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
After abandoning EA due to the huge lines of "free" charging session EVs and non working towers, I switched to EVGo and found them very reliable, high availability w/ working towers and all without any lines.

Then I found a very inexpensive DCFC place to charge - Shell ReCharge in Los Angeles county.

At $0.20/kWH it's cheaper to charge at Shell ReCharge than it is at home ($0.26/kWh off-peak).

Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 IMG_67B0B31C64D3-1

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the majority...
With the increased revenue stream, I expect improvements in speed, available site capacity and equipment repairs, of the four terminals, of one was limited to 50KW, two had defective (left side) port cables, (right side) were still working but forced precarious parking arrangements for some users. Not that it matters much for Lightnings but this location is the old 150KW terminals, no 350's here yet.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With the increased revenue stream, I expect improvements in speed, available site capacity and equipment repairs, of the four terminals, of one was limited to 50KW, two had defective (left side) port cables, (right side) were still working but forced precarious parking arrangements for some users. Not that it matters much for Lightnings but this location is the old 150KW terminals, no 350's here yet.
Ford F-150 Lightning Electrify America raising Pass+ membership to $7 laughing-hysterically

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Economics 101 & Caveat Emptor, they might actually see a net reduction in sales revenue once folks understand the cost advantage has evaporated.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Economics 101 & Caveat Emptor, they might actually see a net reduction in sales revenue once folks understand the cost advantage has evaporated.
As soon as chargers begin getting added under the $7.5B plan, which has required uptime, you'll see EA losing big time. Once we get access to the 12,000 Tesla SuperChargers come Spring 2024, more so.

I would imagine that EA's uptime, at full capacity, never approaches 50%.

Also, keep in mind that the only reason that EA had per minute pricing in states like Massachusetts (which for the Lightning and Mach-E works out to 1/2 or less the cost of per kW charging), is because they couldn't charge per kWh until they got approval from the state. The states with per minute pricing keeps changing as they add new states and remove old ones once approved. Currently, these are the per minute states per their website:

Alabama, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

In comparison, in June of 2022, here was the list of per minute states:

Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

So, Hawaii, North Dakota, South Dakota got added (new states for EA), lost (to per kW) Louisiana, Massachusetts, Montana, and Texas.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Currently, these are the per minute states per their website:

Alabama, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

In comparison, in June of 2022, here was the list of per minute states:

Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

Hawaii, North Dakota, South Dakota got added (new states for EA), lost (to per kW) Louisiana, Massachusetts, Montana, and Texas.
Good find, I wasted too much time perusing the Mass General Law and PUC Regulations last night trying to find the change .... to no avail.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Charged in El Paso, TX on Aug 6th and it was still per min. Must've swapped TX over this past week.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
New chargers have a “ charge rate requested” indicator on screen opposite of charge rate. Cool. Truck asking for 157, getting 98. Grrrrrrr. Time for that missing update.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
New chargers have a “ charge rate requested” indicator on screen opposite of charge rate. Cool. Truck asking for 157, getting 98. Grrrrrrr. Time for that missing update.
Are you referring to an update for the truck?
If the truck is requesting 158, the problem is with the charger.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
After abandoning EA due to the huge lines of "free" charging session EVs and non working towers, I switched to EVGo and found them very reliable, high availability w/ working towers and all without any lines.

Then I found a very inexpensive DCFC place to charge - Shell ReCharge in Los Angeles county.

At $0.20/kWH it's cheaper to charge at Shell ReCharge than it is at home ($0.26/kWh off-peak).

IMG_67B0B31C64D3-1.jpeg
I suspect that you are in a somewhat unique situation with enough charging options around to compare pricing. Whenever I need DC fast charging it is on a road trip and you only have 1 option within about 50 to 75 miles and that option is usually EA. EVgo and other vendors don't really have locations outside of major cities in the Northeast (NY is working on that with their new rest areas, but not online yet), and you can't always make it city to city on a single charge.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I suspect that you are in a somewhat unique situation with enough charging options around to compare pricing. Whenever I need DC fast charging it is on a road trip and you only have 1 option within about 50 to 75 miles and that option is usually EA. EVgo and other vendors don't really have locations outside of major cities in the Northeast (NY is working on that with their new rest areas, but not online yet), and you can't always make it city to city on a single charge.
Yes, unique as I charge in town vs on the road via freeways.

Since the beta EA feature popped up, I found more chargers that I never knew existed...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yes, unique as I charge in town vs on the road via freeways.

Since the beta EA feature popped up, I found more chargers that I never knew existed...
I found a few as well, but none of them really help me. I don't need to charge withing ~100 miles of home - I just charge at home. I need it on road trips!
Sponsored