First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Is this just because of the Ford Pass app? You do understand is basically garbage and has almost no real value like you are use to with a Tesla. You can't do much of anything with it and the built in navigation doesn't route like a Tesla. I'd use Google maps and the Tesla app for using compatible SC.

You actually need to setup a Ford account online and then you could have placed the adaptor order. However as most know already waiting for this adaptor is now beyond ridiculous, so save the headache and buy and A2Z.
I would not say it’s garbage. The app works fine for me. I can see realtime charging, set up departure times and remote start. It could be way better for sure but it’s ok. The navigation is also decent. It works sorta like Tesla in that it will route you to a charger if you put in a longer trip. Although I wish they would add in superchargers since we can use them now. And yes love my A2Z adapters! Works great. I’m in the list for a free ford ones but who knows when that thing will ship. lol.
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I'm looking for some advice. I've owned probably 10 Ford vehicles and this has easily been the worst experience.

I bought from a dealership 4 hours away because they had a new 2023 still on their lot with the trim and package I wanted (XLT with 312A). I traded in my 2023 Tesla Modal Y so I'm familiar with the quirks that come with owning an EV.

Buying process is fine until trying to set up FordPass app. For some reason I can't connect my vehicle. Salesperson tries to call support, but they are closed at 7pm on Saturday. No big deal, the salesperson lets me borrow his login so I can locate EA chargers and get home 4 hours away,

Try setting up FordPass app next day and no luck. Spend several hours with support on phone. Tried everything from resetting modem, uninstalling app, deleting and re-adding vehicle, but nothing works. Selling dealership sets me up with appointment at my local dealership (2 weeks out) so they can diagnose problem and fix it. I was told they should be able to plug the truck into their computer and diagnose and fix the problem. Two days later I go to pick it up and still not working. Dealership tells me there is nothing else they can do.

So 6 weeks after buying truck I'm heading back to the dealership 4 hours away where they assure me they will fix the issue that weekend. Drop the vehicle off early on a Friday figuring I'll pick it up late the following day and head home. The TCU is diagnosed as bad, but the dealership can't get in touch with Ford to authorize replacement under warranty. I was told the part was in stock and as soon as authorization is given, the part will be replaced. I'm not sure why my local dealership couldn't tell me that, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't buy the vehicle from them.

I'm given a loaner vehicle and make the 4 hour drive back home without the truck. That was last Sunday. I figured I would make the trip back up this weekend and finally have a fully working Lightning. Three days go by and still no authorization from Ford. Finally on Thursday the dealership gets the okay to replace part. Well, the part I was told was in stock isn't really in stock and has to be ordered. Here it is a full week after I left truck and it's still sitting at the dealership waiting to be fixed.

In the meantime, I've spent money on a hotel, gas for the loaner vehicle, charging costs to get back to dealership, and I missed out on the NACS adapter deadline since I can't access my FordPass. At this point I'm not even sure I want the truck anymore. I can't just take a day off work to make the 8 hour round trip whenever it may be ready. I'm on-call this upcoming weekend and don't know when I might be able to make the trip. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Any advice? I believe there is someone on this forum who is part of Ford Customer Service? I'm beyond frustrated at this point. If youve gotten this far, thanks for reading. @Ford Motor Company
Sorry you’re having a hard time. I had one warranty issue right when I bought mine but had been trouble free since. One thing I would suggest is call ford corp. and open a case. They (ford) will reimburse you up to $200 a month for any gas you have to buy in the loner you have. I know that’s not a lot but anything helps.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Like you, I've owned multiple ford vehicles (many) and have bought them from all over the country.

I'm not familiar with why you can't get this done at the local dealer. What do you mean they were unwilling to? Isn't that illegal? I thought all Ford dealers have to honor the ford official warranty?

If not, surely there was dealers closer than 4 hours away you could have went to?

Sorry for your bad experience, but 90% of it seems like it's trying to work through a dealer 4 hours away. Thats miserable even if everything went 100% smooth.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
agreed, I think making the leap that 'having' to drive 4 hours away to a selling dealer is ludicrous... most of these 'issues' are minor and can probably be taken care of without ever going to ANY dealer. They generally know less than you do.

Sponsored
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking for some advice. I've owned probably 10 Ford vehicles and this has easily been the worst experience.

I bought from a dealership 4 hours away because they had a new 2023 still on their lot with the trim and package I wanted (XLT with 312A). I traded in my 2023 Tesla Modal Y so I'm familiar with the quirks that come with owning an EV.

Buying process is fine until trying to set up FordPass app. For some reason I can't connect my vehicle. Salesperson tries to call support, but they are closed at 7pm on Saturday. No big deal, the salesperson lets me borrow his login so I can locate EA chargers and get home 4 hours away,

Try setting up FordPass app next day and no luck. Spend several hours with support on phone. Tried everything from resetting modem, uninstalling app, deleting and re-adding vehicle, but nothing works. Selling dealership sets me up with appointment at my local dealership (2 weeks out) so they can diagnose problem and fix it. I was told they should be able to plug the truck into their computer and diagnose and fix the problem. Two days later I go to pick it up and still not working. Dealership tells me there is nothing else they can do.

So 6 weeks after buying truck I'm heading back to the dealership 4 hours away where they assure me they will fix the issue that weekend. Drop the vehicle off early on a Friday figuring I'll pick it up late the following day and head home. The TCU is diagnosed as bad, but the dealership can't get in touch with Ford to authorize replacement under warranty. I was told the part was in stock and as soon as authorization is given, the part will be replaced. I'm not sure why my local dealership couldn't tell me that, but I'm guessing it's because I didn't buy the vehicle from them.

I'm given a loaner vehicle and make the 4 hour drive back home without the truck. That was last Sunday. I figured I would make the trip back up this weekend and finally have a fully working Lightning. Three days go by and still no authorization from Ford. Finally on Thursday the dealership gets the okay to replace part. Well, the part I was told was in stock isn't really in stock and has to be ordered. Here it is a full week after I left truck and it's still sitting at the dealership waiting to be fixed.

In the meantime, I've spent money on a hotel, gas for the loaner vehicle, charging costs to get back to dealership, and I missed out on the NACS adapter deadline since I can't access my FordPass. At this point I'm not even sure I want the truck anymore. I can't just take a day off work to make the 8 hour round trip whenever it may be ready. I'm on-call this upcoming weekend and don't know when I might be able to make the trip. I really don't know what to do at this point.

Any advice? I believe there is someone on this forum who is part of Ford Customer Service? I'm beyond frustrated at this point. If youve gotten this far, thanks for reading. @Ford Motor Company
Your experience with Ford is very similar to mine. Of course, I think mine is worse. I’ve had mine for 2 years and it still isn’t working properly. Just one lie and run around after another. It wouldn’t be that god awful bad if everything hadn’t cost me an arm and a leg to purchase the truck and the special intelligent backup charger 2 years ago.

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
Please tell me how I can take care of a bad TCU module without going to any dealer. All the issues relate to that bad module.
This is probably one of my favorite lies. YOU can fix it!! Yea! That’s right! If only you were smarter, you’d know how to fix it yourself. I sure wish they would have warned me about this when I bought the damn thing at the dealership. There, I was promised the moon.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Please tell me how I can take care of a bad TCU module without going to any dealer. All the issues relate to that bad module.
The TCU is located behind the passenger side rear seat back. It is super easy to access and swap out. The problem is, you would need FDRS to program the new one. You can't just order one and throw it in there. If the software on it is not at the right level (which it most likely won't be) and you install it, you're going to break your OTA's as soon as the truck syncs itself up with the mothership.

This is probably one of my favorite lies. YOU can fix it!! Yea! That’s right! If only you were smarter, you’d know how to fix it yourself. I sure wish they would have warned me about this when I bought the damn thing at the dealership. There, I was promised the moon.
You absolutely can fix it yourself. These newer vehicle are fixed with laptops and not wrenches. It can be done with the right tools.
Sponsored