Sponsored

Has Anyone Had Ford Dealer Install Walk Away Lock (WAL) by Installing BCM Update Through FDRS? If so, how and was there a cost?

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
One thing that might work is if you have an open CSP for a software update on another module you could ask the tech for a favor since they’re already doing FDRS updates. You might get it for free, or you might get charged a small labor charge. I think they even do this with mobile service.
This is the route I took. I had the BCM CSP, but I also was having an issue with my AC running on Auto setting. The blower was not functioning correctly. They used that as a reason to actually update all of the modules in my truck. They said it took a while, but all of them were done. I have walk away lock now, but wish I could disable at the house.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is the route I took. I had the BCM CSP, but I also was having an issue with my AC running on Auto setting. The blower was not functioning correctly. They used that as a reason to actually update all of the modules in my truck. They said it took a while, but all of them were done. I have walk away lock now, but wish I could disable at the house.
You can add the toggle to turn WAL on and off with FORScan.

Ford F-150 Lightning Has Anyone Had Ford Dealer Install Walk Away Lock (WAL) by Installing BCM Update Through FDRS? If so, how and was there a cost? 1729009399220-d4

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
What software revision on the BCM do you need to make this work? This is mine.

1000031203.jpg
I believe it's AAM, but I'm going off memory that is not my best asset.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
and you assign that by location?
If you have a zero in that location, change it to an 8. If you have a 1, then change it to a 9 and so on.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I got WAL with CSP 24P56. It came out of the dealer with it active. There is no switch to turn it on or off in the settings like my wife's MME, but it works.
Oh boy. I don't actually want WAL. I leave my truck unlocked in the garage. I hope Ford comes out with an update so you get WAL and the switch together.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Oh boy. I don't actually want WAL. I leave my truck unlocked in the garage. I hope Ford comes out with an update so you get WAL and the switch together.
My understanding from the team on the forum is if you get the latest APIM update, the switch is there. Alternatively the switch can be activated using Forscan.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well...after two weeks of phone tag with the Service Team at Serra Ford, I was told today their Ford FSE's have instructed them NOT to install the BCM on my vehicle because it's "not supported." So, since their FSE advised against this, they are unwilling to install this update for me regardless of my willingness to pay for the time required.

Just add this to growing list of strikes against Ford....from the horribly managed OTA update process, required equipment to manage FDRS updates myself, locking data away behind broken APIs for 3rd party integrations, and poorly designed features (e.g. open frunk turns off remote start, WalkAwayLock, multi-car issues, etc.), clearly Ford is in way over their heads with EVs. This will be my last Ford.

So, in the meantime....I'll be contacting other dealers....anyone have any other suggestions?

PJnc284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Mine updated the BCM for free yesterday but the truck was in for service to install a new battery sensor. Would make sense for them not to install though since there's no way to disable WAL at the present time without enabling the button in FORScan. I'm sure you could find one if willing to pay though. My sheet has it listed as .3 hrs but it's more like 5min from posts I've seen. Would also be nice if there was a timer. If I'm using PAAK, I barely have enough time to walk around to the passenger side before it locks. If just using the Fob, it's about a 20 second delay.
Sponsored