Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
I'm slightly embarrassed to have to ask this but am I right that the values in the far right column are the settings needed for the glare-free headlights?
Ignore the x's. Replace the numerals or numbers. In this case the asterisk is either 1 or 2.
Sponsored

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Has anyone tested if the camera and map based dynamic bending works on US roads?
734-04-02 first bit set x4xx? I see in the glare free guide we don't change it, so I didn't try it yet.
I have tried and it doesn't work, it also disables auto headlights, glare free, and dynamic bending.

I'm assuming that we need some bits set elsewhere for it to work, probably from the camera module. Hopefully someday we can get those off of a foreign truck.

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
Thank you. I’m a total novice at this kind of vehicle brain surgery and need all the help I can get. I really don’t want to mess this up.
Save, save, and save again.

With OTA updates and the fact our trucks push our current values back to the Ford servers as "factory" make SURE you have save files. Save everything when you first start, every module. Then save the module you are changing BEFORE you make any changes. Then save the module after you have made changes.

Also, FORSCAN instructions usually tell you to change a bit to a set value. Since each vehicle, each trim, each configuration, can have different starting values you sometimes have to research which value to change too, especially if the changes come from a non-lightning source (livingitup's sheet for example). An example of this is the "cameras at speed", since the instructions came from a gas truck (that's doesn't have 1pd) it said to change to a value that did not have 1pd enabled, as a result a lot of folks lost 1pd. What needed to be done is instead of changing that value to an "E" like the instructions said, instead Lightning owners needed to change it to an "F".

It's worth looking at each change in the Livingitup spreadsheets, diving into each module. Use your current value and make sure the value you are changing to makes sense.

In general most instructions are fine, just know that each truck might be a bit different.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I have tried and it doesn't work, it also disables auto headlights, glare free, and dynamic bending.

I'm assuming that we need some bits set elsewhere for it to work, probably from the camera module. Hopefully someday we can get those off of a foreign truck.
Ah same thing I found out after testing.
Next, I was looking at 734-01-01 and enabling DHL leveling and dynamic mode but unsure if this is working. I will need to wait for next night drive to see if it actually levels and has glare free enabled
Sponsored