• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I'm waiting to do another 2 day license until Ford allows the BCM update and/or whatever powertrain updates, etc. I'm still curious what I have pending, if I would be able to do the APIM update for the newer UI icons and what else I may be "missing". I have previously updated as much as possible but that was a few months ago at this point.

1FTVW1EV0PWG02239 if someone would be kind enough to do a quick check on that VIN that would be awesome.
You're showing the APIM, BCM and TRM updates only.
Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So who wants to take bets that Ford releases the Powertrain updates before tomorrow is over? :D

Guess it goes into September now, poor truck is never getting those fixes. Finally decided to go the FDRS route and a lot aren't even available. Oh well. :)

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Checked FDRS this morning and I think Ford is throwing me a bone. It looks like I'm getting the new Sync 1122 (according to the manifest, I haven't actually updated yet).

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Lightning_APIM_30_Aug-24

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Anything noticeable different? New icons perhaps?

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Is this APIM update for everyone? Or just the 15” screens?

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Checked FDRS this morning and I think Ford is throwing me a bone. It looks like I'm getting the new Sync 1122 (according to the manifest, I haven't actually updated yet).

Lightning_APIM_30_Aug-24.png
Looks like it, if it's 6GB that is it. :) It takes a while to complete due to the size but the nice thing is once it gets to the USB stick part the car is running engine on so that is nice. Sit in the nice AC. :)

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
So I've got ... drum roll..... three new icons . Not sure if this enables blue cruise 1.2 or 1.3 but the update didn't get rid of my Forscan version. New animations between screens ? The nbc news app (or whatever that was) is gone under entertainment. And my sync is showing version 1076 after the update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS IMG_3081

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine did not install, and I got the not found on FENIX error and I even did the "remove voice apps" thing the second attempt thinking that it might have been a file size/space issue....nope.

All the files did download and were checked....it's just that the manifest needed to put it on the USB drive "can't be found" so it just aborts.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
So I've got ... drum roll..... three new icons . Not sure if this enables blue cruise 1.2 or 1.3 but the update didn't get rid of my Forscan version. New animations between screens ? The nbc news app (or whatever that was) is gone under entertainment. And my sync is showing version 1076 after the update.

IMG_3081.jpeg
Another change I noticed is when you put the truck in reverse and the cameras come on the screen, all of the different camera angle buttons appear next to the 360 camera now.
I don't think the buttons were there before, but I could be wrong. I thought they only appeared when you manually clicked the camera button at the top.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Another change I noticed is when you put the truck in reverse and the cameras come on the screen, all of the different camera angle buttons appear next to the 360 camera now.
I don't think the buttons were there before, but I could be wrong. I thought they only appeared when you manually clicked the camera button at the top.
I noticed that this is some "interim" version of sync between the Sync 1049 that you likely were on, and the Sync 1122 that I thought we were headed for (what my Mach-E has now).

You're on Sync 1076 it says...which I didn't know existed.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I noticed that this is some "interim" version of sync between the Sync 1049 that you likely were on, and the Sync 1122 that I thought we were headed for (what my Mach-E has now).

You're on Sync 1076 it says...which I didn't know existed.
I feel like I'm in a brand new truck. I hadn't had any updates since July of 2023. So I broke down and bought the Mongoose and went from Sync 713 to 1076 over the weekend. Needless to say, there are quite a few changes that happened in between there that I'm just now finding out about.
Sponsored