• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
IMG_2495.jpeg

Did the 2 updates in FDRS, and only took about 20 minutes this morning.
Your powertrain DTCs should have gone away as a result.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7 September and a new DCDC module update has just shown up for my '22 Lightning. It is also showing on '23 and '24 models I checked.

I guess I'll knock that out this morning, along with the TRM I didn't bother with from a few weeks ago.

Also, in case anybody is wondering, the GVMS warning (programming blocks) are still on the powertrain modules for '22 and '23 models as of this morning.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So, excluding setup time...the TRM took one minute, and the DCDC module update took three minutes.

Everything went smoothly and no DTCs when it was all over.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
So, excluding setup time...the TRM took one minute, and the DCDC module update took three minutes.

Everything went smoothly and no DTCs when it was all over.
As Always, your mileage may vary, but after reading what Mike wrote , I did the DCDC update without a battery tender/ supply and had no issues and install time for DCDC was also just 3 minutes.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
I didn't check this yesterday, but as of today, there are no more GVMS blocks on the powertrain modules on any '22 or '23 models I've checked. So I guess that's over with now. So no reason not to resume 23B57.
Seriously, wow..!!! 🤩
I’ve been holding back on using FDRS for this very reason. I’ve yet to break in my new cable lol.
So besides asking in this forum or someone like yourself, how does one find out this type of information before buying a 48 hour FDRS login..??

Last edited:

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I have a 24 and was surprised today to see a new APIM (I updated that two weeks ago). I had logged in for the DCDC. Not sure how long this new APIM will take but I am about 30 minutes in.

While I like updating the car, it is getting a bit boring doing it (especially for two cars). I am going to space it out and maybe stay off this thread to remain blissfully unaware!

:)

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seriously, wow..!!! 🤩
I’ve been holding back on using FDRS for this very reason. I’ve yet to break in my new cable lol.
So besides asking in this forum or someone like yourself, how does one find out this type of information before buying a 48 FDRS login..??
I don't think there is any other way, other than to ask. Those of us who have annual FDRS subscriptions tend to report these updates the day they happen.....no dealership tech or service advisor is ever gonna tell you there's an update.

Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I happened to look today as well and saw they were clear. Still one on the RFC module, but I did all the power train updates and also got another 6GB APIM update, that is still going right now. Been at it since around 2 this afternoon central time.

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Like most (all?) APIM updates it's a USB install. 6 gigs . I had this screen pop up which I don't believe I've ever seen before .

IMG_3396.jpeg
I got that pop up the last time I did the new UI 6 GB update a few weeks ago. Got it again today, only seen it on these two 6 GB updates.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I happened to look today as well and saw they were clear. Still one on the RFC module, but I did all the power train updates and also got another 6GB APIM update, that is still going right now. Been at it since around 2 this afternoon central time.
How long did the powertrain updates take (PCM, ABS, etc.)?

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
How long did the powertrain updates take (PCM, ABS, etc.)?
The powertrain updates didn't take too long, it of course did them all in order but I would say maybe 30 to 45 minutes. Maybe less but I was working so I was going back and forth to the truck. It's this enormous APIM that is taking the longest.
Sponsored