• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
For me the PAAK would not reset, just kept giving me an error. I had to do the "all fordpass factory reset".
Sponsored

Technewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Lariat
I am in the same boat here. I called @Ford Motor Company yesterday, and they said they were escalating to a higher-level team and would follow up with me, but I'm not holding my breath. We initially spent an hour on the phone with them, and we went through all the resets and uninstalls, but we didn't try the 12V reboot. Might try that later today and see what happens. If anyone else is following this thread, I am on a Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 14 and the most recent fordpass app.

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
What I noticed on the iOS app is that in the FordPass app Settings section in the Phone As a Key screen, that it was warning that Location Services needed to be fixed for the app.

However, in iOS Settings, the FordPass app wasn’t showing a Location Services option, suggesting that it had been reset, but the FordPass app wasn’t requesting re-authorization for the permission.

Deleting and re-installing the app then correctly prompted for Location Services permission (but the prompt only allowed for While Using), which then showed up in iOS Settings for FordPass. You can then change it to Always there.

Screenshot shows iOS Settings and the Location authorization now correctly showing up.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update IMG_095AFFAEA7CA-1

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
I am in the same boat here. I called @Ford Motor Company yesterday, and they said they were escalating to a higher-level team and would follow up with me, but I'm not holding my breath. We initially spent an hour on the phone with them, and we went through all the resets and uninstalls, but we didn't try the 12V reboot. Might try that later today and see what happens. If anyone else is following this thread, I am on a Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 14 and the most recent fordpass app.
The 12v reset didn't work for me. Although I was only resetting PAAK at that time. May try another fordpass reset and a 12 v reset.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
What I noticed on the iOS app is that in the FordPass app Settings section in the Phone As a Key screen, that it was warning that Location Services needed to be fixed for the app.

However, in iOS Settings, the FordPass app wasn’t showing a Location Services option, suggesting that it had been reset, but the FordPass app wasn’t requesting re-authorization for the permission.

Deleting and re-installing the app then correctly prompted for Location Services permission (but the prompt only allowed for While Using), which then showed up in iOS Settings for FordPass. You can then change it to Always there.

Screenshot shows iOS Settings and the Location authorization now correctly showing up.

IMG_095AFFAEA7CA-1.jpeg
Location permissions were disabled for me too on Android. After enabling, it still didn't work. Same error codes and error messages. @Ford Motor Company has been pretty silent on this. Pretty disappointed on their customer service with this one.

Sponsored

Technewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Lariat
I tried Saturday with my wife's iPhone, and it worked right away. I tried with my Android, and it still errored out. Also, I haven't received a phone call back from @Ford Motor Company. This is a pretty disappointing lack of response from them.

MN Lightning

First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 23
FYI, when reaching out to @Ford Motor Company the only response I got was to take it in to get it serviced.

I also tried using older versions of FordPass and they had the same result. I also tried putting my samsung watch on airplane mode (I saw this suggestion on a mach-e forum).

The next time I need to take in for a recall item I will ask them to take a look because I don't see anyway I can get PAAK back.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Since the Fordpass update, my PaaK works, but only about 80 percent of the time. A lot of the time, the door won't unlock when I put my hand in the door handles. This is very annoying. I too have the S23 Ultra.

Did @Ford Motor Company ever come up with a fix for this yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine still won't connect during setup. @Ford Motor Company just keeps telling me they are still looking into it.

Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
A lot of the time, the door won't unlock when I put my hand in the door handles. This is very annoying
To be fair, this happens to me all the time.
Not with PAAK, but with the fob in my pocket!

I usually end up having to push on the black buttons on the door handles (usually the front AND/OR rear door)to get the doors to lock or unlock. Sometimes that doesn’t even work and I have withdraw the fob from my pocket and press the open door button. And, yes, I have fresh batteries in the fobs.

I just assumed that the FoMoCo locking system were not as good other brands (that I have owned) that open every single time without fail (Lexus, Land Rover, BMW, Nissan, etc.).

The only way I ever got PAAK to work was by opening the app and pressing the Unlock button. Never once has it worked as PAAF (Phone as a Fob). In fact, I thought that was the limit of the PAAK functionality. In Tom Moloughney‘s (State of Charge) PAAK YouTube video, he never described the “fob-like” features you all refer to on this thread.

What am I missing or doing wrong here that I don‘t have this functionality?

Thanks In advanced.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What am I missing or doing wrong here that I don‘t have this functionality?
Confirm that your install of FP has all these functions optimized for PAAK.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key fails after FordPass update 1720315388556-mh

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Happened to me this morning. Deleted the app, reinstalled, re-paired. Worked fine.