• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
The 6.2 "re-push" has a name. It was 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE. For me, that update also updated the Sync version to 23291., Revision 1049. Check your Sync About screen. I think that gave charger integration to Apple maps.
The SOC display was a much earlier update (23-PU0930-RBA-CHM) back in August.
There has not been a 6.13 for Lightning. Where did you see a Lightning owner get that?
confirmed sync version 23291 and rev 1049. I guess my terminology 'SOC' was vague. I see charger/charge destinations available in apple maps but I was referring to older 6.3 posts that mentioned 'Siri tells you at what percentage you will arrive, where you need to charge.' Regardless, appreciate the response.
Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
confirmed sync version 23291 and rev 1049. I guess my terminology 'SOC' was vague. I see charger/charge destinations available in apple maps but I was referring to older 6.3 posts that mentioned 'Siri tells you at what percentage you will arrive, where you need to charge.' Regardless, appreciate the response.
6.3 is the update that Apple Maps EV route planning was implemented. I’ve not heard of it being lumped in with any other update.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...reens-profiles-charge-stats.17045/post-343456

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Received 6.4.0 this morning. Then proceeded to precondition my truck 2 hours before my scheduled time. Off to a great start.

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1702994294369

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1702994317071

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.4.0 - Smart Changes: Refinements to improve connectivity 1702994280832

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Received 6.4.0 this morning. Then proceeded to precondition my truck 2 hours before my scheduled time. Off to a great start.

1702994294369.png

1702994317071.png

1702994280832.png
When you get 6.5.0, you will no longer need to game the system, you will be able to set departure time goal closer to leave time (if it's consistent) and get the benefits of heated everything.

Sponsored

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
When you get 6.5.0, you will no longer need to game the system, you will be able to set departure time goal closer to leave time (if it's consistent) and get the benefits of heated everything.
Unfortunately (fortunately?) don't have a heated steering wheel to worry about. Are we finally able to leave it plugged in to charge but have it just perform a cabin heat prior to departure? Commutes too short to justify the cost to warm the batteries, and it's a PITA to unplug just to prevent it from happening. Really just need an explicit battery preheat flag in the scheduler, as well as a one-time battery preheat option that we can call for it as-needed for longer trips. Seems dumb to have to cheat and schedule my home charger to stop an hour before departure so the truck can't draw shore power to preheat the battery.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately (fortunately?) don't have a heated steering wheel to worry about. Are we finally able to leave it plugged in to charge but have it just perform a cabin heat prior to departure? Commutes too short to justify the cost to warm the batteries, and it's a PITA to unplug just to prevent it from happening. Really just need an explicit battery preheat flag in the scheduler, as well as a one-time battery preheat option that we can call for it as-needed for longer trips. Seems dumb to have to cheat and schedule my home charger to stop an hour before departure so the truck can't draw shore power to preheat the battery.
Ahhhh ,overlooked the PRO aspect !

Departure time is primarily for conditioning the battery with the added bonus of conditioning the cabin, (cool, medium, warm or none).

If your on a short commute and just need last minute cabin warming, you should use the remote start function, that's my general plan.

Charge your battery whenever it's convenient, fit's a TOU constraint, IMHO it's ideal to complete my charging within an hour or two of departure, preserving the heat for improved performance in lieu of active battery conditioning with the departure timer.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Ahhhh ,overlooked the PRO aspect !

Departure time is primarily for conditioning the battery with the added bonus of conditioning the cabin, (cool, medium, warm or none).

If your on a short commute and just need last minute cabin warming, you should use the remote start function, that's my general plan.

Charge your battery whenever it's convenient, fit's a TOU constraint, IMHO it's ideal to complete my charging within an hour or two of departure, preserving the heat for improved performance in lieu of active battery conditioning with the departure timer.
I just want to have a warm cab at the same time every day without wasting energy to preheat the battery to only travel 5 miles. I feel like that's not a big ask. While I know many others have significantly longer commutes that benefit from the full battery preconditioning, this scenario is not an edge case and one I feel Ford should have accounted for. On the odd day I charge overnight during the week and don't unplug, I burn a few bucks for a battery preheat I frankly didn't need. Seems silly to have to manually remote start in a truck with built-in scheduling capability to get around that. Hasn't annoyed me enough to create a Tasker script to perform the remote start on a schedule, but I'm getting close. And I voice this on every Power-Up survey I receive, if you actually read them @Ford Motor Company.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I just want to have a warm cab at the same time every day without wasting energy to preheat the battery to only travel 5 miles. I feel like that's not a big ask. While I know many others have significantly longer commutes that benefit from the full battery preconditioning, this scenario is not an edge case and one I feel Ford should have accounted for. On the odd day I charge overnight during the week and don't unplug, I burn a few bucks for a battery preheat I frankly didn't need. Seems silly to have to manually remote start in a truck with built-in scheduling capability to get around that. Hasn't annoyed me enough to create a Tasker script to perform the remote start on a schedule, but I'm getting close. And I voice this on every Power-Up survey I receive, if you actually read them @Ford Motor Company.
A check box for battery conditioning makes sense after you detailed your m/o.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
If you have Alexa’s in your house you can schedule the truck to remote start verbally or by other instances. I set a routine so I can verbally start the truck to warm up, and then automatically a minute later send an unlock command so everyone can get in.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey, I finally got this one today when I plugged the truck in! Installed first try, I'm just a couple months behind everyone else. I got 6.2.0 round 2 last Friday as well.

CaseyCo

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The R1T physically disconnects the rear motors. You can feel it clunk as it engages and disengages. This allows it to free roll. It makes a huge impact.

The Ford does not have the clutch pack to be able to physically disengage. It would experience a significant amount of friction and be counterproductive to completely shut it off.

Instead, it could employ what Tesla did and what Rivian will do with their dual motor setups. Adjust the distribution (which it already does) to get the most efficient out of it. Additionally, adjusting the throttle input response does help. The “chill” mode on my Tesla helps me get about 10% more efficient by altering my driving style. It’s not much but it’s something, but it won’t get to what Rivian is able to do.

The 2 things I like most about that truck is the Conserve mode and the suspension. If I could just swap that into the Ford..
My R1T’s suspension was terrible. Rough and clunky sounding though it was cool how it raised and lowered. My Lightning rides SO much better.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My R1T’s suspension was terrible. Rough and clunky sounding though it was cool how it raised and lowered. My Lightning rides SO much better.
Mine was too, but after I sold it (figures) they launched software updates. It rides tremendously better now. Quieter, smoother.

But it wasn’t comfort that I liked. It was the fact that I could change the character of the truck. Some days I want to ride high. Some I want a sport truck and to shatter my spine.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I just received 6.4.0 when I parked about 30 minutes ago. The last two updates I had received were 6.2.0 and the revised 6.2.0 PU. I really do not like the way I find out about the updates. My truck has never notified me of an update nor do the small icons ever show up on the upper bezel of the sync screen. When I was plugging into the Level 2 charger at work, it would not initiate the charge. Fordpass was also acting wonky. After trying a couple of times, it finally started charging. Then when I check the app, it showed the update had installed with, of course, the vague description. I am assuming 6.3.0 was skipped and Ill never get it?

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
6.4.0 just pulled up for me when I ran an errand. I'm not super clear about what I got with this one, the notes are super vague. I would love to get a "details" button on the notes or something where they could actually tell me what changes were made. Maybe label it "if you really want to know..."

I'm really hoping that 6.5.0 will help me with my pre-conditioning issue. My truck refuses to do departure pre-heat. I can set up the times, either in the truck or in Fordpass, they all look fine, but then I go out to a cold truck.
Sponsored