• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I started receiving this error again a couple of days ago, after having the error back in January, and having it clear itself. This time, the error is being persistent and, oddly, we are also getting a “Charging Port Door is Open” error, even when it is closed.

We will be taking the truck in this time, once my mother-in-law is well enough to drive (it is primarily her vehicle).
Good morning, Matthew! I would be glad to help you out with these powertrain concerns should you need further help. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer details, and I'll get right on it. Thank you! To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored

mgmessner89

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning SR
Add me to the list and then some @Ford Motor Company 2023 XLT SR build 10/23. Owned it for 8 days. The dealer I purchased it from said they were 3 weeks out for service so I had to find another. In the first 400 Miles I’ve had

Shift Raise/Lower button doesn’t work

Powertrain malfunction

Front Parking Sensor Faults

12VLVB Swollen and can’t charge above 90%

Pro Power Ground Fault

Dropped it at the dealer today and probably won’t even have hands on it until next week. Can’t wait to make my first and maybe second payment for a truck sitting at the dealership. According to this thread with all my issues I’m in for a long wait and was denied a loaner

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Add me to the list and then some @Ford Motor Company 2023 XLT SR build 10/23. Owned it for 8 days. The dealer I purchased it from said they were 3 weeks out for service so I had to find another. In the first 400 Miles I’ve had

Powertrain malfunction

Pro Power Ground Fault

Dropped it at the dealer today and probably won’t even have hands on it until next week. Can’t wait to make my first and maybe second payment for a truck sitting at the dealership. According to this thread with all my issues I’m in for a long wait and was denied a loaner
I don't understand how they can deny you a loaner...

mgmessner89

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning SR
I don't understand how they can deny you a loaner...
I am going to wait until they actually give me diagnostics and then if they deny again I’ll call the BEV team at the number I see floating around this thread

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I am going to wait until they actually give me diagnostics and then if they deny again I’ll call the BEV team at the number I see floating around this thread
Call them now, do not wait to get the ball rolling and the clock ticking. We are supposed to be reimbursed for a rental immediately due to this powertrain failure. Starting a case number now also provides evidence of your vehicle not being useable in case you want/need to apply a lemon law.

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Just as a heads up for those having modules replaced:
SSM 52039 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning/E-Transit -
Unable To Achieve 100 Percent State Of Charge After HV Battery Module
Replacement
11/9/23, 12:46 PM 2023 F-150
Some 2021-2023 Mustang Mach-E, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning/e-Transit vehicles may exhibit a concern where the vehicle is unable to achieve 100 percent state of charge immediately after high voltage (HV) battery module balancing and replacement. This may be due to the battery energy control module (BECM) adjusting the cell balance (conditioning) of the battery module and should be corrected within 22 days. If the vehicle otherwise functions as designed with no related diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) setting, this concern will be corrected automatically with no further actions required by the technician.

see for more discussion: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ate-of-charge-after-module-replacement.17200/

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Powertrain malfunction

Pro Power Ground Fault

Hello, Matt. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this powertrain malfunction concern.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Hello, Matt. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this powertrain malfunction concern.
In all the years you have been posting this cookie-cutter reply asking for people's information to help, have you ever once actually done anything in response to achieve some kind of improved outcome?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In all the years you have been posting this cookie-cutter reply asking for people's information to help, have you ever once actually done anything in response to achieve some kind of improved outcome?
They facilitate resolutions in the background, not engage public back & forth on the threads.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power AllHarshBarb-size_restricted

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
They facilitate resolutions in the background, not engage public back & forth on the threads.
I know. I'm asking if they have ever actually facilitated anything? Has anyone here ever reported anything received in response or any facilitated improved outcome? Any evidence of anything at all?? I'm not expecting that account to engage in anything, as they probably shouldn't since it would be a bloodbath. But they are constantly posting the same cut-and-paste reply, and I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling an improved outcome.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Then your question should be written as if directed to the other members who have reached out.

WHAT SAY YOU fellow members?

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Then your question should be written as if directed to the other members who have reached out.

WHAT SAY YOU fellow members?
Because my reply was asking the ford account to speak for themselves, not everyone else and I'd still love for them to do so. Of course I expect they'll give a response about as timely and productive as their OTA updates...

Inquiring if any forum member has ever actually experienced any meaningful response or outcome improvement is a second question that would also be interesting to know. If they help, that is wonderful. If their only purpose in life is to put on a dog and pony show on social media, that is also important for people to know.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
They won't ....... which was the point I made previously, we're going in circles!
Sponsored