• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update-23-PU1129-CBC-ODP - Powertrain

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My understanding is the CSP will not clear as it is also used to track the replacement of a module should that be required; hence it will remain for an extended period of time.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
NOTE

While standardizing the thread title I corrected the erroneous spelling there but not the rest of the OP
Just putting this out in the world, I spelled it wrong on purpose in the title to match the spelling from Ford. It made me chuckle

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
spelled it wrong on purpose in the title to match the spelling from Ford. It made me chuckle
Pretty sure mis-spelling means it is a North Korean malware hack!

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Do all updates show up on the screen when you start up the truck? I've been getting some but the only way I'm realizing it is when it informs me in the app

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Do all updates show up on the screen when you start up the truck? I've been getting some but the only way I'm realizing it is when it informs me in the app
Most do, but I've had some that were silent. Note they only pop up once you put the vehicle in Park*. So if you put in Park and immediately turn off the truck then you won't see it. By habit I put in Park and then do a couple of things before turning off so I usually see it.

* I think once or twice early on I got a notice when I was in Drive but stopped at a light. I'm guessing they don't want to distract you while moving.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This thread has been quiet the past 6 days ...... wondering if this has been moved to HOLD?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I got this update the end of last week. Took a few days of 12v charging and BMS resets...finally went through this morning.

After a lot of messing around I think I have found a consistent process to get difficult updates to complete

1) Charge the Low Voltage Battery for 6-8hrs, until it's well charged, even after the tender says charged, leave it in maintenance for 6-8hrs. When charged remove 12v battery charger
2) Reset the BMS Sensor - (Turn on accessories mode - foot OFF brake, - press start button - flash high beams 5 times - press brake pedal 3 times - Look for red 12v battery icon to flash in the dash - Done).
3) shut off truck -plug in to charge HV battery on your usual overnight schedule, leave it until morning.
4) Try update first thing in the morning - Or schedule the update to install at 5-6AM

This process works for my truck

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Is it riskier to go on a road trip before or after this update?

Is my understanding correct that if the module/cell variation is too high, as is, my truck will refuse to move but after update, it will be able to limp at lower speed/power to my destination?

Does this update do anything with regards to how it reads/interpret temp sensors during DC fast charging? Or anything regarding DCFC? I have close to zero DCFC on my truck and I will be doing a lot of it on this trip.

Does the update make the truck more sensitive to voltage variatio?

Chriseberle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning SR Tesla Model X
Just updated on my Lightning, took about a week to go through. Wondering if my 12V is getting low.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That is your high voltage charge level not your 12V level.
Sorry, incorrect. That is indeed the 12v - LVB SOC. It is not the HVB.
Sponsored