• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hello,

Could you please check VIN - 1FTW1EL4PWG07913. Recently purchased truck, was told everything would be up to date. After reading these forums it seems like nothing was done.
Thanks
VIN is missing a character somewhere.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Sorry - 1FTVW1EL4PWG07913
Truck is on Sync version 22326 which is two versions behind the latest one. Modules with pending updates are below:

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1720477191676-rz

Ord111821

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning MY23
Occupation
Retired
Rugedraw... back on April 23 I requested a VIN check on VIN # 1FT6W1EVXPWG05637 , and you did thank you very much! Today I received a message about 6.8 update install. Got home a asked for a couple of updates with failure. Now just going to wait for the overnight scheduled time at 1:11am.

Sponsored

ChippewaBarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum Agate Black
What that refers to is that Ford is aware that even if you are on the latest Sync version, there are some issues with phone connectivity and other bugs which they are hoping to address in future update. So yes, I another update for the APIM is coming, but you will need the one(s) before it before you can get that one whenever it gets released. They have to be installed sequentially.
Gotcha, thanks @rugedraw !

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw no need to check my VIN # IT UPDATED OVER NIGHT!!!:clap::clap:
Nice! A few people reported getting this update recently. Glad to hear it is actively being pushed out again.

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Could you please take a look at VIN 1FTVW1EL3PWG41194 ? I was getting updates pretty frequently for two weeks. Then last week I received notifications 4 times that there would be an update overnight. It would not tell me what the update was and would not let me install it immediately. Said it would install at 1am but never did. Just had the same notification today and am wondering if updates are failing or something.

Thanks!

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could you please take a look at VIN 1FTVW1EL3PWG41194 ? I was getting updates pretty frequently for two weeks. Then last week I received notifications 4 times that there would be an update overnight. It would not tell me what the update was and would not let me install it immediately. Said it would install at 1am but never did. Just had the same notification today and am wondering if updates are failing or something.

Thanks!
What you're seeing is what we playfully refer to as a "phantom update" over on the F150 forums. There is no active OTA trigger for your truck at this time. Ignore it.....it will eventually go away.

Ford F-150 Lightning PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread 1720567579349-le

Sponsored

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
What you're seeing is what we playfully refer to as a "phantom update" over on the F150 forums. There is no active OTA trigger for your truck at this time. Ignore it.....it will eventually go away.

1720567579349-le.png
Thank you for checking. I was optimistic that I was getting caught all the way up. Back to waiting…

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
They haven't updated a thing. Unfortunately, I have seen this happen way too many times to count. Nobody likes to work for free, so I don't blame them. Service advisor probably doesn't know what's going on. When you call, he'll ask the tech it is assigned to and the tech will say he did everything, which your advisor will relay that to you.
Just received a text from the dealership saying that there is a GVMS warning, which indicates a concern with data on the server for that module. They have contacted Ford and they are passing it over to the module programming team to check on it. And it make take some time, but sounds like it will be a while before Ford has a chance to look at it.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Just received a text from the dealership saying that there is a GVMS warning, which indicates a concern with data on the server for that module. They have contacted Ford and they are passing it over to the module programming team to check on it. And it make take some time, but sounds like it will be a while before Ford has a chance to look at it.
I don't have access to FDRS right now to verify that, but that can very well be true.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
should be GateWay Module GWM ?
I’m not sure. Here’s the full message that they got from the “Ford hotline”.

A GVMS warning typically indicates a concern with data on the server for that module. To resolve this, I will need to contact the module programing team to check if there is any data concern and fix. Please, this may take some time because of the volume of the contacts in the queue. I will contact you as soon as I get some direction
Sponsored