Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
No recall email here.

The adapter I received last week (10/11/2024) has the following Part# printed on it
(P) 1434343-20-D

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 4.07.05 PM.jpg
I have that same part number and did get the email. So if they made a production change they didn't do a good job of updating the part revision.

It does sound like from a few sources it was a defect more than a change however.

Maybe it is just that second wave.

If I feel like some free time watching a football game or something, I'll take the tracking sheet and start to mark those reporting as getting the email and we'll find the lower and upper end of the defects.
Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I was in the first 100 to order the adaptor and have not received the email. Anyone with a low reservation # receive the email? Maybe the initial batch was good and they changed something.
My order number was 90000054 and I didn’t receive an email either.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
@GDN #5130 or something close to it.

email received.

It’s looking like it’s an issue with the batch sent out in June.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

If I feel like some free time watching a football game or something, I'll take the tracking sheet and start to mark those reporting as getting the email and we'll find the lower and upper end of the defects.
There's a poll on the Mach-E forum. Not a ton of votes but all the recalled ones have a delivery of June (19 votes) or May (1 vote). There weren't any adapters shipped in May so clearly some bad data.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ll-what-month-deliveries-were-recalled.39508/
Also another post over there from a member who says he talked to Ford and it was one batch.

Edit for @GDN if he updates his sheet:
Adapter #5331 shipped June 17 - recall.
Adapter #8922 shipped Sep 9 - no recall.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I was #1538 and did NOT received the recall notice...yet?

it's not a phishing scheme
Inside EV's: Tesla Adaptor Recall
They updated their article mid-day:

Update 2:10 p.m.: A Ford spokesperson confirmed that a certain recent batch of the company's NACS adapters are impacted here. Replacing the adapters will be classified as a customer service action, but not a recall. Here's the company's statement:

"Ford identified a potential issue with a batch of adapters sent earlier in the year where over time, continued usage may result in reduced charging speeds. Ford does not recommend using the identified adapter.

Ford will begin shipping replacement adapters the week of October 28 (so customers have time to check/update their address).

Notified retail customers are being asked to review the current address in their FordPass account. If it's correct, no action is required. If it needs to be updated, customers will be asked to do so by October 24th. Fleet customers will be notified and asked to confirm their address directly with their National Account Manager."

MotoGary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Carbonized Gray, 2022 Mach-E
Today I received the following email:
Just for the record, the ship date of my Fast Charging Adapter was June 13 of 2024.

Just want others to know if they received something similar.
My shipping confirmation was also June 13, 2024 (Ordered for my Mach-E that I have since traded for my Lightning. Order #FAE 90005401)

On the Mach-E forum poll, June seems to be the month with the most votes for who received the letter and which month their adapter arrived. Although I think the question should have asked when it shipped rather than arrived.

Btw, The Part# I received is: 1434343-00-D

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) IMG_6697

Last edited:

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I was order 350, I havent recieved an email (yet).
250 here, no email. Must've been an issue after ramping up production in the second wave? Granted I think the speeds after the initial boost dropped down to like 95-105kW

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Still no email regarding this issue, my order number was 206

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Adapter #5050. I got the email this morning.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Had an interesting experience Supercharging yesterday and now I’m wondering if it’s related to this. Started charging at around 20% SOC, it ramped up to 170 kW fairly quickly, then after a few minutes it dropped down to 30 kW. It then alternated between 170 kW and 30 kW, switching every few minutes, until finally settling in at around 100 kW. After that the charging was normal, slowly dropping between 70% and 80% SOC.
It might have just been an issue with that particular Supercharger, as I Supercharged normally later the same day.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I have that same part number and did get the email. So if they made a production change they didn't do a good job of updating the part revision.

It does sound like from a few sources it was a defect more than a change however.

I guess at some point we are going to find out if there is a limit on how many rows and columns you can have in a spreadsheet!-thanks Ford!

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I guess I will never get my adapter from Ford!

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
@$$!!!

“Hey we are going to ship owners one for free, no wait, we don’t have any to send, oh now we sent a few, no wait they don’t work, recall”...wait what?!

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla NACS Adapter Recall / Replacement Notice (10/24/24) 1729309834272-2e
Sponsored