• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seriously… why did they make that frunk beep?

xycarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Sasquatch, Lighting Lariat ER on order
My Tahoe tailgate closes without a beep, the minivan before that had an auto sliding door that never beeped…. WTF, it’s sooo annoying. Why? I can’t even use it in my drive way in the early morning as it wakes my wife up.

@Ford Motor Company please disable this beeping!
Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
My Tahoe tailgate closes without a beep, the minivan before that had an auto sliding door that never beeped…. WTF, it’s sooo annoying. Why? I can’t even use it in my drive way in the early morning as it wakes my wife up.

Has anyone started looking for the wiring harness that connects to the speaker yet? If it is that annoying I have a feeling I might be accidentally disconnecting the wire. If there is some sort of safety warning light that checks for continuity, I'm going to accidentally replace it with an appropriately sized power resistor. Hypothetically of course.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Every vehicle I've owned in the past 5 years beeps with anything that's automatic. I'm sure there is a NHTS requirement for it. I'm betting you will have to manually disable it. Just like the auto start/stop on ICE vehicles that have become so popular.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

What's a fronk?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Has anyone started looking for the wiring harness that connects to the speaker yet? If it is that annoying I have a feeling I might be accidentally disconnecting the wire. If there is some sort of safety warning light that checks for continuity, I'm going to accidentally replace it with an appropriately sized power resistor. Hypothetically of course.
You will likely find that the speaker is tied into a bunch of functions. Disabling things like the pedestrian warning when you're driving forward, and the backup alarm, can leave you open to significant liability should you get in an accident.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
What's a fronk?
Gronk's Lightning's front trunk?

A related rant, I am OK with the "frunk" term if a car has both a rear trunk and a front trunk, but it's the only trunk on the Lightning so why not just call it the trunk?

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
You will likely find that the speaker is tied into a bunch of functions. Disabling things like the pedestrian warning when you're driving forward, and the backup alarm, can leave you open to significant liability should you get in an accident.
Thanks CPT Killjoy.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
A related rant, I am OK with the "frunk" term if a car has both a rear trunk and a front trunk, but it's the only trunk on the Lightning so why not just call it the trunk?
Only if you only drive in reverse...

🤣

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
It has already been confirmed that the frunk beeping is separate from the pedestrian warning speaker. There is a silencer on the market for that already and it does not impact the bleeping frunk.

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer

Because Ford also has the Mach-e and other future vehicles and wanted to clearly define it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hahhhhhaaa, not sure if I should edit the title, or leave well enough alone..... what say you OP?
BTW, thread creators have the power to correct typo's on a thread title if they desire.....

Reactions: GDN

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Every vehicle I've owned in the past 5 years beeps with anything that's automatic. I'm sure there is a NHTS requirement for it. I'm betting you will have to manually disable it. Just like the auto start/stop on ICE vehicles that have become so popular.
The Rivian doesn’t beep, so doubt it’s NHTS. But Fords fleet of lawyers may be more cautious than Rivians

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass

Fun fact..ok maybe not that fun. But the term “trunk” on vehicles came about because folks used to literally strap trunks to the back of carriages and cars.

Those rectangular things with the lid that were like a chest were strapped to the back. Soon, auto makers started incorporating them as built in storage space, retaining the term “trunk” despite no longer being one. But that terminology based on its history is not required to being in the rear nor to only being one. Thus fully supporting your rant and annoyance.

However, since the delineation of the storage trunk with the vehicle trunk, a trunk has been traditionally placed at the rear. Front placement is not traditional and this the clarification is handy to help anyone who may be searching for a trunk in the bed. By labeling it as a Front Trunk or “Frunk” in short, Ford is merely being considerate in assisting its customers in the easy identification of the storage compartment. This substantiating the terminology.

*Disclaimer, any “facts” posted is the result of 5 seconds of google search and is not verified. I know nothing about trunks, frunks, or sunks and may even be a little drunk…

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Fun fact..ok maybe not that fun. But the term “trunk” on vehicles came about because folks used to literally strap trunks to the back of carriages and cars.

Those rectangular things with the lid that were like a chest were strapped to the back. Soon, auto makers started incorporating them as built in storage space, retaining the term “trunk” despite no longer being one. But that terminology based on its history is not required to being in the rear nor to only being one. Thus fully supporting your rant and annoyance.

However, since the delineation of the storage trunk with the vehicle trunk, a trunk has been traditionally placed at the rear. Front placement is not traditional and this the clarification is handy to help anyone who may be searching for a trunk in the bed. By labeling it as a Front Trunk or “Frunk” in short, Ford is merely being considerate in assisting its customers in the easy identification of the storage compartment. This substantiating the terminology.

*Disclaimer, any “facts” posted is the result of 5 seconds of google search and is not verified. I know nothing about trunks, frunks, or sunks and may even be a little drunk…
Ford F-150 Lightning Seriously… why did they make that frunk beep? ges%2F298c9dd3-a6ec-40de-ad92-4814d0b1c1cb_554x623
Sponsored