• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
List of modules pending updates for your truck is below. Based on your OTA history, the update you want is the APIM at the bottom of the list that would be the equivalent to 6.3.0.

1699486558660.png

Your list is below. The update you are looking for is being sought after by many here, but I have yet to find an IPC update pending on any Lightning I have checked.

1699486781898.png
Thank you for checking 👍
Sponsored

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
List of modules pending updates for your truck is below. Based on your OTA history, the update you want is the APIM at the bottom of the list that would be the equivalent to 6.3.0.

1699486558660.png
This is really helpful, thanks! I’d imagine all of these would eventually come with an OTA?

Mine is going in next Tuesday for the 23B57 campaign, so I’ll ask them about these while I’m there.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is really helpful, thanks! I’d imagine all of these would eventually come with an OTA?

Mine is going in next Tuesday for the 23B57 campaign, so I’ll ask them about these while I’m there.
Some of these modules are exclusive to the Lightnings, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty darn sure these are all available via the OTA process. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to chime in and correct me.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Some of these modules are exclusive to the Lightnings, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty darn sure these are all available via the OTA process. If anyone knows otherwise, feel free to chime in and correct me.
All but three in that list are "powertrain" and covered under the 23B57 update.

The three that aren't would be the ACM, APIM (Sync), and the FHCM. And from what I've seen there are OTAs for the ACM and APIM but not for the front hatch module (yet).

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Any chance one of those updates will reduce the awkward frunk opening delay?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Any chance one of those updates will reduce the awkward frunk opening delay?
Well I've applied all of them including the FHCM and there is still a slight delay...so I don't think so. But to be fair it's the same slight delay when trying to activate my rear hatch on the Mach-E. So I'm used to it.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
That part always surprises me. I have enough time to say "this is dumb" between the latch popping and when it starts moving up. This shouldn't be a hard problem in 2023, but I digress...

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
That part always surprises me. I have enough time to say "this is dumb" between the latch popping and when it starts moving up. This shouldn't be a hard problem in 2023, but I digress...
Or enough time for the warning beeps to complete. Your beef is with Ford Legal not the engineers. ;)

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Or enough time for the warning beeps to complete. Your beef is with Ford Legal not the engineers. ;)
Beeps?? Oh yeah - I remember those obnoxious things. I took care of mine a long time ago.

Now that my frunk speaker is gone the delay seems even longer like something is wrong.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
Maybe I can do a Tesla-style adjustment to have the speaker utter “this is dumb” instead of the beeps.

🤔

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

@TomB985so I’ll ask them about these while I’m there

dealer may be reluctant to do Apim update (6.3) because they don’t like to pay warranty $’s for OTA that may download & install properly. Also using fdrs this one seems to take 1.5 hours. Mine took a little bit longer than that.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Could any gurus check the status of updates for my VIN? I had taken my truck to get the CSPs done and I'm not sure they actually did anything for the BECU update. I had reduced power last night and just want to know if I need to worry about the truck bricking if this is the lead into a bad module.

1FTVW1EV7PWG06787

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I had reduced power last night
Do you still have reduced power? Did it also have a service vehicle soon message?

If the answer to both are no then you are most likely fine and it was a momentary glitch

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Could any gurus check the status of updates for my VIN? I had taken my truck to get the CSPs done and I'm not sure they actually did anything for the BECU update. I had reduced power last night and just want to know if I need to worry about the truck bricking if this is the lead into a bad module.

1FTVW1EV7PWG06787
Last OTA you got was APIM update 23-PU0724-DOM-RS on 10/18. No other OTA's in your queue at this time. The module updates the dealer did are below and the BECM is one of them. I clicked on each one, and each update attempt was successful. There are no significant events or DTC's recorded in your recent history.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1699635705003

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Perfect! Thanks a ton! It does look like my issues above are related to the charging glitch. After taking it off the plug and keeping an eye on it, I didn't have any reduced power issues today.
Sponsored