First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
It almost seems like you're extra unlucky and have both the battery module failure and the on-board charger fault. I'm not recommending it, but have you tried DC fast charging?
Yes it will not DC fast charge. Immediate red ring. Charge fault immediately stays and will not go away. Very unlucky and very unfortunate situation. Vehicle before update was just amazing. It still drives great other than reduced power to 57% which you would not know unless looking at display ad it zooms right to 80mph like nothing wrong. Crazy crazy sad 😢
Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hey guys, im looking at purchasing a Lariat ER with a 10/23 build date. How concerned should I be with these battery issues?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys, im looking at purchasing a Lariat ER with a 10/23 build date. How concerned should I be with these battery issues?
Highly unlikely to be an issue only 4% of Lightnings are impacted and focused more on older builds.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Reading through these forums, it sure seems like alot more than 4% of all the trucks made.
Forums not only attract "Enthusiasts" but those experiencing "Problematic" vehicles, so the demographics are skewed a bit, 31,589 trucks are in service, we could spend all day slicing and dicing the numbers.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Back to the original topic, has anyone successfully received the OTA update yet?
No word of this being in an OTA yet. The 6.X series was moving good until it got put on hold, but word is that it should be moving again. My guess is that it will be in a release once they get through the 6.X and BC updates.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, last week I took delivery of a 23 Lariat ER that was built in early October, delivered to a dealer about 10 days ago. Before I purchased it, I ran the VIN on Ford's website to ensure that CSP 23B57 had been performed in the factory. It did not show the CSP as active. Low and behold, I checked today and its showing that I need to get the CSP done. If this is a known issue, why isn't Ford performing updates during the manufacturing process. Sigh, I guess my dealer visit will include my headlight issue and the CSP.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
why isn't Ford performing updates during the manufacturing process. Sigh, I guess my dealer visit will include my headlight issue and the CSP.
Ford must build with an approved REVISION LEVEL during original manufacturing, they rely on OTA services to patch up the vehicles with subsequent revisions.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well, last week I took delivery of a 23 Lariat ER that was built in early October, delivered to a dealer about 10 days ago. Before I purchased it, I ran the VIN on Ford's website to ensure that CSP 23B57 had been performed in the factory. It did not show the CSP as active. Low and behold, I checked today and its showing that I need to get the CSP done. If this is a known issue, why isn't Ford performing updates during the manufacturing process. Sigh, I guess my dealer visit will include my headlight issue and the CSP.
They don't want a broken truck they can't sell, they'd rather have it in your hands.

They have strict rules about recalls being performed before delivery, but this isn't a recall.

It only makes sense they would do this, however sadly as you are noting, they don't.

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
They don't want a broken truck they can't sell, they'd rather have it in your hands.

They have strict rules about recalls being performed before delivery, but this isn't a recall.
It's officially a recall per Fords letter informing us with the attachment take a look at 3rd bullet point they used the magic word "recall" in writing, being in California I have hade solicitations from at least 2 Lemon Law Attorneys regarding our truck. They smell blood in the water here.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B57 for High Voltage Battery Notice 20231125_181530

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It's officially a recall per Fords letter informing us with the attachment take a look at 3rd bullet point they used the magic word "recall" in writing, being in California I have hade solicitations from at least 2 Lemon Law Attorneys regarding our truck. They smell blood in the water here.

20231125_181530.jpg
A true recall will be associated with a mandated action from NHTSA and make selling the vehicle by a dealer illegal. This one doesn’t. Lawyers always smell blood.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I just got my truck back from the dealer, who was supposed to take care of this module update, along with the rubber dash mat, new light bar on tailgate, and install of anti-ting washers in the wheels.

I can confirm the other three fixes, but there's no way to tell if they installed any updates for the high voltage module thing. I still see the same version as when I dropped it off.
Sponsored