First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks, I did as you suggested, but the thing that finally ended up working for me was to put in all the changes documented in the first post of this thread, and then I had to run a "Headlamp Alignment and Calibration" service procedure in Forscan.

Now my glare free lighting works!

Thanks for all the help.
I wonder if this is why my glare-free headlights are working so awkwardly? I'm going to try this tonight. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
PSA - there is an incrementally new version of FORScan out now. Announced improvements = more support for 2021 - 204 Ford models. Version 2.3.63

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, I did as you suggested, but the thing that finally ended up working for me was to put in all the changes documented in the first post of this thread, and then I had to run a "Headlamp Alignment and Calibration" service procedure in Forscan.

Now my glare free lighting works!

Thanks for all the help.
...so how did You run this Headlight Alignment and Calibration in FORScan? I can't locate it...

macguyver13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It's on the left side, the button is different than the programming one. It's like 1 or 2 buttons above the programming one. You'll see a bunch of procedures that you can run. I don't have access right now so I can't post a photo.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's on the left side, the button is different than the programming one. It's like 1 or 2 buttons above the programming one. You'll see a bunch of procedures that you can run. I don't have access right now so I can't post a photo.
Awesome I just found it. I had actually never gone into that FORScan button in the 8 or 9 years of my FORScan use haha.

Self-explanatory I assume? No weird tricks?

Sponsored

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
Hey guys I have a 2024 Lariat ER. Just downloaded for scan today. I started to attempt to play. The first change I tried doing was removing the seatbelt chime which was unsuccessful. I followed the code that is listed on the first page of this thread and it did not work.

Any suggestions? And to clarify this is the turn off the chime so that it never goes off even if you are driving right?

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hey guys I have a 2024 Lariat ER. Just downloaded for scan today. I started to attempt to play. The first change I tried doing was removing the seatbelt chime which was unsuccessful. I followed the code that is listed on the first page of this thread and it did not work.

Any suggestions? And to clarify this is the turn off the chime so that it never goes off even if you are driving right?
You don't need FORSCAN to get rid of the chime. There is a procedure to do it in the owners manual. And yes, you'll never hear the chime.

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
You don't need FORSCAN to get rid of the chime. There is a procedure to do it in the owners manual. And yes, you'll never hear the chime.
The issue with this is then you can't access any screen on the gauge cluster. Your stuck with just this screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning F150 Lightning FORscan thread PXL_20241017_174407116.MP

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The issue with this is then you can't access any screen on the gauge cluster. Your stuck with just this screen.

PXL_20241017_174407116.MP.jpg
Not true. I don't have that screen and my seatbelts have been turned off using the procedure in the manual since the day I bought it.

Sponsored

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
Okay I figured out how to fix this issue. You can use Ford's method to disable the chime. But now to disable that pop up and the blinking red seat belt light on your dashboard use the following code:

Before
IPC - 720-13-01
IPC - 720-13-02
IPC - 720-14-01
IPC - 720-14-02

Change to all zeros and let Forscan correct the checksum.

No light for driver or passenger.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Not true. I don't have that screen and my seatbelts have been turned off using the procedure in the manual since the day I bought it.
Same here. I just followed the directions in the owners manual. It worked like a charm with this truck and my last f-150.

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
So mine did go away after locking the vehicle and unlocking it. So yes you are correct but it did not get rid of the blinking red light which then I found the code for.