• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022-2023 Lightning-Powertrain Reprogramming Pause-Now Extended to October

MrWest

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
There is a block on programming all '22 and '23 model powertrain modules right now. The SOBDM is one of those modules that Ford isn't allowing techs to update (or do a PMI to install a replacement as well I'm guessing).

In this example below that's what the 'GVMS Warning' info means, and this would currently apply to your truck as well:
Lightning_GVMS_Blocks.png
Damn. This sucks. Do you or does anyone know when this block on programming is going to be lifted? They said they are trying to get the "as built programming" but I don't think they are getting anywhere fast. This thread is the only thing that has provided me any incite into what is going on - the dealership keeps telling me it's going to get fixed "tomorrow, tomorrow, etc." which sounds like wishful thinking right now as they have been telling me this for weeks now.

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Damn. This sucks. Do you or does anyone know when this block on programming is going to be lifted? They said they are trying to get the "as built programming" but I don't think they are getting anywhere fast. This thread is the only thing that has provided me any incite into what is going on - the dealership keeps telling me it's going to get fixed "tomorrow, tomorrow, etc." which sounds like wishful thinking right now as they have been telling me this for weeks now.

Thanks.
I don’t have a good answer. Obviously, given what Ford has said on PTS that it will be “in August” we are hoping they will actually stick to that timeline instead of announcing yet another delay at the end of this month.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
IMO, anyone who's truck is being held hostage by this matter should be initiating their lemon law buy-back process. We have your truck, we're not going to fix it, we're not going to give it back to you, and you still have to pay for it is not how this works.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Absolutely outrageous. This is how Ford loses customers.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am taking my Mach-E in next week for the SSM to update Sync and other modules. Then I will bring the Lightning in. So, instead of one visit when the battery module was done, it will be three.

In year 3 of the Lightning and 4 of the Mach-E, this is simply inexcusable. With Ford dropping the 3-row EV, it makes the likelihood that we stay with Ford for our next vehicle pretty low.

I do have to say that watching Facebook for GM brands, they all sound like our forum with similar failures. Beside Elmo, what company is launching EVs without issues?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I am taking my Mach-E in next week for the SSM to update Sync and other modules. Then I will bring the Lightning in. So, instead of one visit when the battery module was done, it will be three.

In year 3 of the Lightning and 4 of the Mach-E, this is simply inexcusable. With Ford dropping the 3-row EV, it makes the likelihood that we stay with Ford for our next vehicle pretty low.

I do have to say that watching Facebook for GM brands, they all sound like our forum with similar failures. Beside Elmo, what company is launching EVs without issues?
EV's without issues? Yeah, I guess only Tesla if you don't get one of their end of QTR ones.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I love my Lightning, but yeah....not going to buy another Ford if this is how they treat these things.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have this bad software. The dealer replaced one of my battery modules and programmed the faulty code the day before they pulled it.

The DTC‘s don’t bother me. But I do have the “inoperative high voltage to low voltage energy transfer” issue. The HV battery will charge the 12V when the truck is on, but won't if it has been sitting for days. It needs to be driven occasionally or put on a charger if left for long periods. I’ve gotten the “12V battery low” red flag a couple times. SOC below 40%.

The bad part is I only found out about this problem from a helpful forum member. You would think Ford would have reached out to me and let me know about the issue and the need to drive the vehicle occasionally and not let it sit.

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Wow. I mean really.
I wonder if they have hardware problems they haven't been able to adequately overcome with software, and the bottom line might be an expensive recall. Just pure speculation on my part.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
So I guess this means the Tesla adapters will be delayed till December?🤬….. and then delayed again!
Sponsored