• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android widget

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Outstanding! Thank you Ken for taking your valuable "Down Time" to create something that I'm sure everyone that uses fordpass will be using one day. I sideloaded it put in my VIN, logged in and was ready to go, very easy. Looking forward to any updates you do.

Thank you.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Any access to battery charge information - specifically thinking of the Lightning? Thoughts on collecting history? My hope is something gets developed like teslafi.com - which is of course for Tesla's. But incredible history of charging sessions, etc.

Last edited:

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
This web site has the most blueprint images I've seen, and thanks to Paypal donations so far I could purchase two of them, but I'd like to stretch the funds as far as possible. A less expensive web site would be better also :)
I think I have the android resource files from the Fordpass app TPMS page if you find them useful.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
  • 2 or 4 door selection: I plan to use this guide to parse the VIN and determine the closest image to use.
  • Long press: I wanted to do this, but AFAIK there isn't a way in Android to do this easily for widgets.
  • Speed of start & lock sequence: There appears to be a lag between when the command is received and when the data updates on Ford's servers. However, right now the code isn't attempting to refresh the status on its own, so I'll add code to do that.
  • 'Last refresh' update: there is already an easter egg which does something similar; triple tap on the last refresh and it will show when the status was last updated from the servers, and also the last time the alarm was triggered for an update (these can be different if the update failed)
  • Display failed OTA in red: I can check into that also, but would need someone to send me the string for a failed OTA (I've been pretty lucky and haven't seen one in a while).
There is an updated 2022 version of the VIN decoder for ford - it is https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/dam/aem_fleet/en_us/fleet/vin-guides/2022_VIN_Guide.pdf

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
Just installed the app...it is great. Thanks for all your work.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
Any access to battery charge information - specifically thinking of the Lightning? Thoughts on collecting history? My hope is something gets developed like teslafi.com - which is of course for Tesla's. But incredible history of charging sessions, etc.
What I've seen in the car status info only shows that it's charging and whether it's AC or DCFC. I also haven't seen anything which identifies charging limits (I have my set to only charge 90% at home, so the charge finish time is always much later than when it cuts off). FordPass can access that info; I just don't know where.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I've located a free CAD drawing of a F-150 Raptor; however it's a SuperCab which I don't think is currently being built (is it?). I'm planning to just go with it anyway, in addition to the Regular, SuperCab, and SuperCrew. These will be coming in the next version.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This is awesome. I do hope you end up putting it in the play store some day. :)
There are two reasons I'm reluctant to try publishing on the Play Store.
  1. This is the only app I've written for public use, and to publish on the Play Store is a one-time $25 registration fee. I don't mind giving it away for free, but spending $25 to give it away for free... #economics. In addition.....
  2. Since this isn't an official Ford product, I really didn't want to spend $25 just to discover whether Google would say "Ummm, nuh-uh".
These are also the reasons I'd rather not spend PayPal donations for that; I'd rather spend donations on elements for the app I know I can use (and based on my post above, I believe I only need more funds to purchase a CAD drawing of the current Raptor to have all four models). If people want to donate funds specifically earmarked for that, then we could collectively try this Google experiment.

Someone suggested I look into F-Droid, and I did briefly, but I didn't see an obvious way to submit a project for consideration. If someone else has the time and motivation to find out what's involved to do that, I'll all for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Version 2022.02.26 is out on GitHub. This release has the first attempt at graphics for specific makes base on VIN. Also, you no longer need to manually enable "F-150 mode" as it also uses the VIN to determine this (or at least that's the intention). I'm not thrilled with all the graphics so I will try to make them less busy in the future.

If you attempt to upgrade and Android complains about something, try first turning off the "F-150 mode' in settings. If that still doesn't work, let me know by opening an Issue on GitHub.

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Version 2022.02.26 is out on GitHub. This release has the first attempt at graphics for specific makes base on VIN. Also, you no longer need to manually enable "F-150 mode" as it also uses the VIN to determine this (or at least that's the intention). I'm not thrilled with all the graphics so I will try to make them less busy in the future.

If you attempt to upgrade and Android complains about something, try first turning off the "F-150 mode' in settings. If that still doesn't work, let me know by opening an Issue on GitHub.
Looks good so far, it detected my supercab for the graphic just fine

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM

Loaded up fine, no issues, graphic works. Thanks!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Note sure if it is helpful or you want any info to debug, but it will not open at all on my galaxy ultra 22. I tried 2 different launcher home screens and the widget installs and goes onto a screen fine but I cannot open it. Just let me know. No big deal otherwise, was just going to play with it for fun.

Ford F-150 Lightning Android widget Screenshot_20220226-184821_One UI Home
Ford F-150 Lightning Android widget Screenshot_20220226-184838_Device care
Sponsored