• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System

nulafed

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford lightning platinum
All,
I’ve had nothing but a nightmare getting the home integration system (HIS) setup and to actually work. Ford has been useless, Sunrun useless, and Delta can’t do anything and they all point fingers at each other.

The last straw for me was when Ford closed the ticket stating someone will contact me at an unknown time by an unknown person via an unknown method….they can’t help as it’s a known issue.

I have read on here that I’m not the only one experiencing this ‘known issue’, therefore I’m invested in getting at least 39 others who have purchased the HIS and cannot get it to work as advertised to join my class action lawsuit.

Please let me know if you are interested, have comments, or know someone that might be.

Ford F-150 Lightning Class Action Lawsuit - Home Integration System IMG_5826
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I don’t know if it would help but maybe reach out to Tim at “State of Charge” that’s his YouTube channel. He is very knowledgeable on this. He has done a whole video on this system. He has a lightning. Tim has flown out to people who have had different issues and has helped out. At least worth a email or call to him.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Every single person who bought one of these dumpster fire systems should absolutely band together, hire a good attorney, and very publicly sue Ford and Sunrun. These corporations have ZERO motivation to do better because there are zero consequences to doing horrible. Ford will tell every one of you "sorry we know it's dysfunctional junk, ticket closed" until it starts costing Ford money and PR.

Easy for me to say since I don't own one. So all I can do is be livid on your behalf.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
Here’s another YouTuber who has made a number of videos on it. I think she’s on this forum from time to time as well. If you go to the 5 minute point in this video she’s describing her own latest woes with the system and how it relies on Bluetooth communication to function.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Hey! That’s me!

Yes, it’s me. I currently don’t have a functional system because our FCSP is dead due to a failure in the Siemens unit. I have a replacement but Ford wants an electrician to install it and they’re not available until 10/9.

The FCSP issue right now is the truck goes into deep sleep and the Bluetooth never hears if the power goes out. So it never automatically turns on.
Apparently there’s a fix on the way.

I haven’t talked to @tommolog recently about his (whose system is doing well afaik) but he and I have both made plenty of videos about ours.

Sponsored

JackieDemarais

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
All,
I’ve had nothing but a nightmare getting the home integration system (HIS) setup and to actually work. Ford has been useless, Sunrun useless, and Delta can’t do anything and they all point fingers at each other.

The last straw for me was when Ford closed the ticket stating someone will contact me at an unknown time by an unknown person via an unknown method….they can’t help as it’s a known issue.

I have read on here that I’m not the only one experiencing this ‘known issue’, therefore I’m invested in getting at least 39 others who have purchased the HIS and cannot get it to work as advertised to join my class action lawsuit.

Please let me know if you are interested, have comments, or know someone that might be.

IMG_5826.jpg
I will join your lawsuit. It is now 2 years that I have been wrangling with the same duo (Ford and SunRun) to get our system working.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Here’s another YouTuber who has made a number of videos on it. I think she’s on this forum from time to time as well. If you go to the 5 minute point in this video she’s describing her own latest woes with the system and how it relies on Bluetooth communication to function.
It is true. It relies on Bluetooth to communicate. Here is the problem. Without power there is no Bluetooth link between your phone, the truck and your WiFi. Can’t find the station. Can’t use the system. I have an Enphase system and all my correspondence with Enphase over the last couple years have yielded nothing other than we are working on it and have a solution soon.
Best solution, Pro Power Onboard, energize the bed and run extension cords. SunRun has many problems to solve with their solar installations. This was a nightmare for Ford from the beginning. Everyone had to show that their EV trucks can do that function. Power up homes thru their exclusive and proprietary devices. When you hire Siemens to built a subpar charger unit that barely works and hire SunRun to install it and service it, you will be asking for this kind of treatment. Ford is helpless, SunRun doesn’t know what to do and in the meantime you will get the wait for ever treatment until we resolve it. My case issue with Enphase is still open since last year.
Whatever your opinion about Tesla is, their systems are not an afterthought.
The relationship between Ford and Siemens, was and still is an afterthought. Ford hired SunRun to install the system and distributed from their warehouse in CA. When I called them to ask to ship my Pro Power charger, they wanted to sell me a solar installation system. No thank you.

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum, Ford F250, Rivian R1S
I would join the suit. The system has not been reliable. I just never know if it is going to work. It was a large reason that I purchased the Lightning.
Sponsored