• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
It took multiple hours, killed the original 12V battery, the dealership replaced the 12v under warranty, drained the new 12v, recharged the new 12v and kept it on a battery tender to get the update complete. Just passing along my experience. I had not had any issues related to this prior that I was aware of. My 12V was less than 2 years old.
Interestingly enough here, the CSP for techs says hook it up to a battery tender before you do the update and from personal experience, these updates take forever and drain batteries. Every single FDRS update, it says before you press ok to hook up the truck to a 12 v power supply.

End of the day though, you got a new battery because a Ford tech didn't read the notice.
Sponsored

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
Recomendation if using Ford Mobil service: Schedule the first morning appointment. My tech thought it would take about an hour it didn't, four hours later it was wrapped up. He has done several up dates to MM2 but our lightning needed more TLC. He was greatful to have a light schedule.

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Recomendation if using Ford Mobil service: Schedule the first morning appointment. My tech thought it would take about an hour it didn't, four hours later it was wrapped up. He has done several up dates to MM2 but our lightning needed more TLC. He was greatful to have a light schedule.
Ford mobile updates service is the best thing ever. @Ford Motor Company great job

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm now scheduled for getting this handled on 1 October using dealer pickup/delivery. Seems they're a tad busy over there...

Sponsored

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Just got mine completed and it’s getting sent back to me now.

Curious if there are any Bluecruise enhancements to check for (since I saw mentioned a few places that these sorts of updates bring some improvements there as a side effect).

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Well. Got mine back. First time backing out of the garage got the same error about the front sensor. Hopefully it goes away.

anyone that had the issue before and got it fixed this week at the dealer confirm it actually fixed the issue yet? Do I need to do a soft reset or something? Sigh.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Does this need to be fixed to get the 6.14 update? I have the alert in my Ford app but never received an error message in the actual truck.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Well. Got mine back. First time backing out of the garage got the same error about the front sensor. Hopefully it goes away.

anyone that had the issue before and got it fixed this week at the dealer confirm it actually fixed the issue yet? Do I need to do a soft reset or something? Sigh.
Well that’s a bit disheartening. Got mine scheduled for next Tuesday but I guess I won’t get my hopes up on getting the errant message taken away.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Well that’s a bit disheartening. Got mine scheduled for next Tuesday but I guess I won’t get my hopes up on getting the errant message taken away.
I’ll post updates on here over the weekend either way. Crossing my fingers. Such an annoying error.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Just took my truck in for service (loud clock spring in the steering column) and they added this CSP to the service order without my asking. I warned the service writer that based on my experience with previous IPMA updates it could mean 2 hours in FDRS and he laughed and said his EV tech had said the same thing when he added the CSP to the service order...

Funny thing happened though. My truck got the 6.14 update while sitting in the dealership lot between when I dropped it off and when one of their service bays opened up a few hours later. The tech called me and said FDRS was showing no IPMA update available and the he guessed this CSP might be bundled into 6.14.

I'll check it with FDRS myself when I get the truck home...

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
That's interesting as in the tech note attached to the start of this thread it indicates it could take 2 hours and 40 minutes.
24B56.png
All 3 CSPs took about 12 hours in the shop based on using iPhone and airtag hidden in truck. 6 hours the day I took it in and 6 hours the next day.

Jamchampnate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Any way to actually confirm they updated the software for this fix? I’m still having the issue nonstop post-fix….