First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
'DRIVE MODE' modification - would like to 'default' the drive mode to 'SPORT', rather than 'Normal'...

any ideas?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
'DRIVE MODE' modification - would like to 'default' the drive mode to 'SPORT', rather than 'Normal'...

any ideas?
Been asked 10+ times, by 10+ people, and no.

Iroc34a

First Name
Roc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Mechanic for American Airlines. GSE (ground equipment) 37 years. Worked on everything from Lawn mowers to Boeing 747's.
So, I did the Glare Free Headlight.
How the hell is this not standard on Every car in the USA? One of the best mods ever. Always flashing other trucks, thinking their high beams are on. Did the double horn delete. Seat belts chime off. AM radio activated. Great job on the codes, from all who wrote them up.

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
I've just added a Lightning-specific HCM spreadsheet here: https://bit.ly/3waQ0tS

It came to my attention that some people were using values from the non-Lightning HCM spreadsheet for the Glare-Free Lighting mod but some of the addresses are different on a Lightning:

734-01-02 xxx1 xxxx xx-- Automatic High Beam Control Ramping
734-04-02 x*xx xxxx xx-- Bending Enabled

For the bending please try 1 or 2 and let me know which works.
I'm slightly embarrassed to have to ask this but am I right that the values in the far right column are the settings needed for the glare-free headlights?

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I'm slightly embarrassed to have to ask this but am I right that the values in the far right column are the settings needed for the glare-free headlights?
You are looking at old instructions that are partial at best. For glare-free consult the main FORScan thread post 1. Also suggest you do a search in that thread only for "glare" to see the sucesses and failures folks have had.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/search/2653198/?q=glare&t=post&c[thread]=11406&o=date

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
You are looking at old instructions that are partial at best. For glare-free consult the main FORScan thread post 1. Also suggest you do a search in that thread only for "glare" to see the sucesses and failures folks have had.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/search/2653198/?q=glare&t=post&c[thread]=11406&o=date
Thank you. I’m a total novice at this kind of vehicle brain surgery and need all the help I can get. I really don’t want to mess this up.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
So can I get a consensus on what the correct codes would be on a 2023? I used the original post … I have a lit green A icon and enabled glare free on menu

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Tom, I see we're Arlington neighbors. If You have trouble setting headlight glare-free function just DM me and we can meet up. I turned my glare-free function on.

Sponsored

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
Has anyone tested if the camera and map based dynamic bending works on US roads?
734-04-02 first bit set x4xx? I see in the glare free guide we don't change it, so I didn't try it yet.

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Tom, I see we're Arlington neighbors. If You have trouble setting headlight glare-free function just DM me and we can meet up. I turned my glare-free function on.
If you’re prepared to put up with a lot of rookie questions, I’d be delighted. My ability to tackle car mechanics with any confidence ended when I sold my 1967 Mustang GTA 40 years ago. It was all metal and no brains and I could see everything that could break. No more….I’ll DM you. Thank you.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
If you’re prepared to put up with a lot of rookie questions, I’d be delighted. My ability to tackle car mechanics with any confidence ended when I sold my 1967 Mustang GTA 40 years ago. It was all metal and no brains and I could see everything that could break. No more….I’ll DM you. Thank you.
"This will be easy" said the man at the beginning of the Appalachian Trail :crazy: