• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
New version of FDRS out this morning:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS FDRS_41.5.2

Download here.

Anytime they release a major revision it's a good idea to let setup Remove User Data because of potential changes in HTML page formatting within the program. So look for the checkbox to delete user data and make sure it's checked during setup.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Remove user data
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Notes on Using a Clore (Solar) PL6100 power supply.

I had a couple of idiosyncratic observations with my PL6100 power supply. It requires a 20-amp AC circuit and can provide up to 100A DC current in the 13 to 14.9V range.

1. Even though I hadn't hit the START button to push out power, the second time I plugged it in and turned it on to electrify its circuits and light its main panel, it tripped a 20-amp breaker.​
Clore support said a smattering of other folks have reported the same, and it might be because I have a new panel with GFCI/AFCI breakers that are just very sensitive to the current inrush when the device is switched on (or maybe there's some arcing in the power switch?!).​

2. I was also bamboozled that when you flick the main power switch OFF on the back of the unit, the display panel in the front stays lit for at least a minute or two.​

Clore support said if I hadn't unhooked the battery cables, the panel staying lit was probably caused by "back feed" from my 12V battery.​
3. I asked about the unit's efficiency and whether it could draw more than 20 amps at 120V.​
Clore support said when the unit is cranked up as far as possible, the most that the unit can draw at 120V is 18A. The 20A plug is put on the unit to prevent it from being used on a 15A 120V circuit. I asked at what lower supply voltage the unit draws 18A at 120V, but support couldn't tell me that. 18A @ 120V is 2.16 kW. If the unit draws 100A @ 13V, that's 1.3 kW, and the unit would be 60% efficient at 13V (1.3 / 2.16). If the unit draws 100A @ 14.9V, that's 1.49 kW, and the unit would be 69% efficient at 14.9V (1.49 / 2.16). Unless efficiency drops somewhere in between 13V and 14.9V, 60% would be the lowest efficiency of the PL6100. So, if the most the Lightning demands from the unit, say, operated at 13.5 volts is 60A, 13.5V * 60A = 0.81 kW. Allowing for 60% conversion efficiency, that's 1.35 kW required at 120V or 1,350W / 120V = 11.3A. 11.3A / 15A = 75% of circuit capacity. So, you might be able to squeak by using the device on a 15A circuit but proceed at your own risk. You'll certainly be well within the capacity of a 20A circuit to furnish 60A of low-voltage power on a continuous basis. Perhaps the current draw required is usually less, but I picked 60A as a "safe" extreme limit for my calculation.​

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
New version of FDRS out this morning:
FDRS_41.5.2.png

Download here.

Anytime they release a major revision it's a good idea to let setup Remove User Data because of potential changes in HTML page formatting within the program. So look for the checkbox to delete user data and make sure it's checked during setup.
Remove user data.png

Is BCM update issue fixed?
I really really really wanna Walk Away Lock but last month when i bought 2day pass, its still prompting me username/password for some locksmith stuff

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is BCM update issue fixed?
I really really really wanna Walk Away Lock but last month when i bought 2day pass, its still prompting me username/password for some locksmith stuff
It is not fixed yet.

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
It is not fixed yet.
Well, @Mike G did mention a new version of FDRS dropped a week ago. Somebody would have to try it with the new version to see if it is fixed now.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Well, @Mike G did mention a new version of FDRS dropped a week ago. Somebody would have to try it with the new version to see if it is fixed now.
Has anyone tested this to see if the new version allows updates to the BCM? I am on the waiting list for a mongoose rental from @rugedraw but also on the fence of ordering one for myself so I can have one when updates are available. Really want to be able to get the Walk Away lock feature so updating the BCM is a must for that one....

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone tested this to see if the new version allows updates to the BCM? I am on the waiting list for a mongoose rental from @rugedraw but also on the fence of ordering one for myself so I can have one when updates are available. Really want to be able to get the Walk Away lock feature so updating the BCM is a must for that one....
I don't believe the NASTF login requirement is tied to a specific version of FDRS. I think the last person to try it (as an "Independent" not a Ford employee) was using the latest version and ended up still needing the NASTF login to proceed.

So what I'm saying is I believe this obstacle is server based, and is only a requirement for DIY Independent operators.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
While we're on that topic...even techs at dealerships will have to have their dealership grant them permissions to do PATS functions with FDRS after 13 Aug. Right now any of the techs authorized to use FDRS at the dealership can do PATS functions, but they are now going to start limiting who in the dealership can do it going forward.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS PATS

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't believe the NASTF login requirement is tied to a specific version of FDRS. I think the last person to try it (as an "Independent" not a Ford employee) was using the latest version and ended up still needing the NASTF login to proceed.

So what I'm saying is I believe this obstacle is server based, and is only a requirement for DIY Independent operators.
So only want to update the BCM is have a dealer do it or have a valid NASTF login (which I def. do not have)....

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So only want to update the BCM is have a dealer do it or have a valid NASTF login (which I def. do not have)....
Well as far as I know right now, yes.

It only takes about 10 minutes to do the actual programming. The rest is whatever time it takes for the shop to get your truck into the bay and connect the powersupply and FDRS/VCM3 rig up.

But they might be reluctant to do any programming at all in light of the hold on FSA 23B57. Sometimes they read stuff like that in OASIS and just decide "Welp, I guess we can't do any updates on Lightnings right now!"
🤷‍♂️

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well as far as I know right now, yes.

It only takes about 10 minutes to do the actual programming. The rest is whatever time it takes for the shop to get your truck into the bay and connect the powersupply and FDRS/VCM3 rig up.

But they might be reluctant to do any programming at all in light of the hold on FSA 23B57. Sometimes they read stuff like that in OASIS and just decide "Welp, I guess we can't do any updates on Lightnings right now!"
🤷‍♂️
Would I be good to perform all the other updates without being able to perform the BCM update? Attached is the updates available for my truck as of a couple of weeks ago...

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1721842738845-5q

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

Interesting theory. My assumption was based on gimme asking if anyone had tried with the newer version of FDRS on here a few weeks ago. However, that note is PTS does make it seem like this may be the norm going forward. Sucks for the independent users. Seems even my dealer login may eventually not be able to do it either if that goes into play.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Would I be good to perform all the other updates without being able to perform the BCM update? Attached is the updates available for my truck as of a couple of weeks ago...
Yes. That's what all independent FDRS users have been doing for about a month or longer now since password issue first came about.
Sponsored