• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Plug Will NOT Disengage From FCSP FIXED POST 87

OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
After looking at mine I'm saying use force, like a lot of force!

If it were me I'd try pushing it in first. Use your body weight, use a soft mallet on the bottom while using your body weight.

Next, pull! Back and forth, side to side. Use the mallet again.

I think it will come out. In my opinion the next most likely thing to happen is the plastic piece that holds it in breaks. I don't think that's a major issue though because you can just loop it over the charger and let it hang. That's what I do most of the time anyway.
Unfortunately, mine is outside and in the path of the wind driven rain and snow.
Sponsored

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Try pushing the button where the blue light are it worked for me.
From the way it is aligned seems the top was latched in and the bottom is not even in the receptacle. Quit screwing around with it and pull the face plate of and the backer plate that that the head is locked/jammed into and take dremel/hacksaw/etc and cut the plastic in the area where the latch is so you can release it. Simple easy and you won't damage the expensive assembly that plugs into your truck. You might be able to buy a new plate for it but even if you can't you will still have a serviceable charger. Just put 100mph tape over the hole and buy a protector for charging head or even another receptacle/holder you can bolt to the wall to plug into.

AND Turn of the breaker before you start!!!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I think I'd wait until Monday before cutting things.

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
@Ford Motor Company This is 100% a warranty issue.

With the power off I'd make an attempt to disassemble the unit. If that didn't work I'd probably use brute force out of frustration. What are the odds lmao

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
The charger front plate is easy to remove the cover, I'd do that and just work it lose.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
The charger front plate is easy to remove the cover, I'd do that and just work it lose.
I’ve tried several times to work it loose without success. Unfortunately, I cannot coax the bottom of the plug into the lower part of the receptacle because I cannot shim it in - even with a thin straight blade screwdriver. I do not want to do anything that will cause damage to the unit. My next step will be to call the mobility team at Siemens on Monday to find out what they can do to fix this problem.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'm surprised nobody has suggested using a silicone grease liberally applied around the bottom of the connector where it has dropped. You could fashion a thinner 'shoehorn' out of an aluminum can to try to work as much grease into the port past the dropped plug. Then, I would see if I could get some thin motor oil squirted in behind it to lower the viscosity of the grease while trying to work the plug into the port. Good luck!

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I'm surprised nobody has suggested using a silicone grease liberally applied around the bottom of the connector where it has dropped. You could fashion a thinner 'shoehorn' out of an aluminum can to try to work as much grease into the port past the dropped plug. Then, I would see if I could get some thin motor oil squirted in behind it to lower the viscosity of the grease while trying to work the plug into the port. Good luck!
I'd suggest dish soap rather than grease. Much easier to clean up.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I’ve tried several times to work it loose without success. Unfortunately, I cannot coax the bottom of the plug into the lower part of the receptacle because I cannot shim it in - even with a thin straight blade screwdriver. I do not want to do anything that will cause damage to the unit. My next step will be to call the mobility team at Siemens on Monday to find out what they can do to fix this problem.
Bingo!

marc_hanna

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So, now that I can the pictures, I understand the problem. That’s quite a strange thing to happen.

i looked at mine and there is some gap on either side of the locking tab. You may be able to slip a jigsaw blade in on either side and saw out the tab. Then you can either epoxy it back in or buy a wall holster off Amazon.

Ford F-150 Lightning Plug Will NOT Disengage From FCSP FIXED POST 87 IMG_7029

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
The more I think about it the more I think this is the solution. The front plate is super rigid while installed. While it's been awhile since I've had mine off, I think it has to be at least a little flexible. The problem is the rigid faceplate has interacted with the rigid plug and the ordinarily movable release switch has also become rigid. Something needs to be less rigid, maybe it's the faceplate.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think the safest non-destructive solution is removing all the fasteners on the plug, be careful as it comes apart so you don't misplace any springs, pins or damage anything inside (micro-switch) if one is present.

Hopefully the locking lever will separate from the handle allowing you to unhook from the current bind and then reassemble.

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Honestly seems to be operator error and not a warranty claim. I'd bet this won't be covered so be prepared to hear that.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think the safest non-destructive solution is removing all the fasteners on the plug, be careful as it comes apart so you don't misplace any springs, pins or damage anything inside (micro-switch) if one is present.

Hopefully the locking lever will separate from the handle allowing you to unhook from the current bind and then reassemble.

You're going to need a tamper resistant 5 point torx bit in the range of t10- t15 that has a long reach, conventional bits mount on a 1/4 driver might not reach, you would need a screw driver length version to reach in to the depth these fasteners are seated.

Ford F-150 Lightning Plug Will NOT Disengage From FCSP FIXED POST 87 1720371225215-3m

Ford F-150 Lightning Plug Will NOT Disengage From FCSP FIXED POST 87 1720371350491-5

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
@Ford Motor Company This is 100% a warranty issue.

With the power off I'd make an attempt to disassemble the unit. If that didn't work I'd probably use brute force out of frustration. What are the odds lmao
This is 100% user error.

It is amazing that he was able to jam it in like that.

Getting it out will be easy but it will require someone with a little more dexterity and spatial recognition.
Sponsored