First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Got rear-ended by a Silverado at a stop light. He was probably going 30-40mph. Thought I'd share some pictures!

dWrYmGW.jpg

NEcYHwu.jpg
Sorry to hear that!
Not sure how you don’t see the Lightning with the light bar across the whole back of the truck?-Maybe he/she was jealous?
Looks like yours held up much better than the bowtie!

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
Holy crap, the difference in damage is crazy! Are you ok?

Sponsored

Riverant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve been debating keeping a large trailer hitch on at all times just for this reason. Will certainly bang my knee more than once but…

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I’ve been debating keeping a large trailer hitch on at all times just for this reason. Will certainly bang my knee more than once but…
The risk in doing do is that the crash energy will go directly to the frame of your truck instead of being absorbed by the bumper. I'd rather have a crushed bumper than a bent frame.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I was just gonna say . . I have a pintle hitch in mine . . .that will take out a radiator and a plastic bumper in no time . .

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
The risk in doing do is that the crash energy will go directly to the frame of your truck instead of being absorbed by the bumper. I'd rather have a crushed bumper than a bent frame.
Yes! Vehicle crush zones have been engineered for very good reasons after decades of accumulation of many many data points.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Thats a bummer. :sadface:
But a side question, why hide your plate? not trying to be a jerk but I never understand why people do that. Its visible to everyone while driving or parked near you and unless someone is in law enforcement we can't just search plate numbers and get personal info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MichaelCA

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Holy crap, the difference in damage is crazy! Are you ok?
No aches after I slept.
Thats a bummer. :sadface:
But a side question, why hide your plate? not trying to be a jerk but I never understand why people do that. Its visible to everyone while driving or parked near you and unless someone is in law enforcement we can't just search plate numbers and get personal info.
Was taught not to overshare. If I shared my license plate number then any webscraper will connect me IRL to this forum account. Just because you may not have access to the lookup tools many organizations may. If I say something unsavory it may bite me later. You do you though.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
What needs to be replaced? $13k adds up fast!

I'm glad to hear you are okay after seeing the damage to both vehicles. I used to be a proponent of driving old vehicles for practical purposes; old vehicles are cheap and I do most of my own maintenance. But modern vehicles are so much safer than even vehicles that are two vehicle generations old. My oldest child is nine years old and I'm guessing her first car hasn't been built yet. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to afford modern vehicles for my family and I'm going to take advantage of it.

Also, I own and drive* my kids around in a 1963 Chevrolet Corvair convertible without seatbelts. Gotta let the kids know how driving used to be.

* around the lake where we spend time in the summer. I'm not crazy enough to drive it will actual traffic!

OP
OP
MichaelCA

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
What needs to be replaced? $13k adds up fast!

I'm glad to hear you are okay after seeing the damage to both vehicles. I used to be a proponent of driving old vehicles for practical purposes; old vehicles are cheap and I do most of my own maintenance. But modern vehicles are so much safer than even vehicles that are two vehicle generations old. My oldest child is nine years old and I'm guessing her first car hasn't been built yet. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to afford modern vehicles for my family and I'm going to take advantage of it.

Also, I own and drive* my kids around in a 1963 Chevrolet Corvair convertible without seatbelts. Gotta let the kids know how driving used to be.

* around the lake where we spend time in the summer. I'm not crazy enough to drive it will actual traffic!
6K in parts. I assume left taillight, tailgate, lower bumper pieces, tow hitch. The bed actually bent a bit during impact a bit and impacted the cab so paint needs to be blended a bit on the cab. Also, the bed portion right underneath the left taillight is slightly dented.
Sponsored