• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
2022 Lightning Displays Multiple Faults at Startup

Hi all,

I've been watching this forum for a couple years now and finally have something to post!

I drove my '22 Lightning home yesterday, plugged it in to my Ford charger, it charged up to 80% successfully in the evening, and I went to bed. This morning I loaded the kids up to head out and there were multiple faults rotating through the cluster: Front Motor Fault Service Required, Service AdvanceTrac, Pedestrian Surround Fault Service Now, Trailer Break System Fault See Manual, Cross-Traffic System Fault, there might have been another one in there. Tried to turn it off and back on, wait a while, etc. and no dice. I got an update a few days ago, but it was successful and everything has been fine. I haven't had any other issues with it. Any thoughts that might help? Of course this happens on a Sunday when the dealer is closed, right before Labor Day... when I'm guessing they're closed.

- M
What was to most recent update for?

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It was the 6.14.0 OTA.
I'm moving your thread into that thread..... hang on

I don't know if this is shear coincidence, but associating it here just in case there is a trend.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Ok. Thank you. That actually clears up quite easily for me now.
And actually, the true release number is 6.14.0. Many have just been shortening it to 6.14

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I drove my '22 Lightning home yesterday, plugged it in to my Ford charger, it charged up to 80% successfully in the evening, and I went to bed. This morning I loaded the kids up to head out and there were multiple faults rotating through the cluster: Front Motor Fault Service Required, Service AdvanceTrac, Pedestrian Surround Fault Service Now, Trailer Break System Fault See Manual, Cross-Traffic System Fault, there might have been another one in there. Tried to turn it off and back on, wait a while, etc. and no dice.
I'm curious was this used or new (maybe a dealer demo)? If used was it bought from a dealer or individual?

Also, if true this was 6.14.0, then that proves it was not only for Early Access owners since it's very unlikely you are in that program being a brand new owner.

Oops, not new, in EAP.

Last edited:

bakerm82

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'm curious was this used or new (maybe a dealer demo)? If used was it bought from a dealer or individual?

Also, if true this was 6.14.0, then that proves it was not only for Early Access owners since it's very unlikely you are in that program being a brand new owner.
Sorry, I’ve owned the truck since February 22 and I am part of the early access program. Looking back it make it sounds like I just got it.

Last edited:

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
@bakerm82 How is your 12V battery level? Did you get the updated sensor CSP 23B70 that maintains the 12V battery better?

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Has anyone had trouble with this update? My truck has said “Not Completed” since Friday.
Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 IMG_6291

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Did we ever get anyone to say if they got this update and were not in EAP?

10er

First Name
Tenor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Over 80% and yes, I got it. Thinking it’s an actual issue for once.
You ever think to use the butfor? Might be an effective remedy!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Did we ever get anyone to say if they got this update and were not in EAP?
No. It's been mentioned several times in this thread and no response.

Electric Messiah

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Regarding A.M. with the update, mine is tuning in fine (2022 Lariat ER)
Update on A.M. receptivity: It comes through fine and clear when at a stop, but as soon as truck moves there is accompanying static; presumably from electric interference with operation. Anyone else experiencing this?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Update on A.M. receptivity: It comes through fine and clear when at a stop, but as soon as truck moves there is accompanying static; presumably from electric interference with operation. Anyone else experiencing this?
That is exactly it
Sponsored