Sponsored

Update 6.8 update problem

DCTrentster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I am having the same issue, every update fails numerous times. I got a letter from Ford yesterday saying they are replacing a Low voltage battery sensor because it is sending false LVB battery information and interfering with downloads.
99% certain the problem is a factory recall on the 12v charge sensor. Bringing in the truck tomorrow for the recall. Tech said that it's likely the 12v charge sensor that is causing the update to fail. Check and see if you have a recall pending.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
99% certain the problem is a factory recall on the 12v charge sensor. Bringing in the truck tomorrow for the recall. Tech said that it's likely the 12v charge sensor that is causing the update to fail. Check and see if you have a recall pending.
6.8 installed the night after I had the sensor replaced. Coincidence??

DCTrentster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I hope not. I had the sensor replaced this morning. Tried manual. No luck. Tried rescheduling twice. No luck. I really hope it'll take. So frustrating.

OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
This is my VIN please check to see what's going on with my 6.8 update. 1FT6W1EV0NWG04297

Thanks

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
This is my VIN please check to see what's going on with my 6.8 update. 1FT6W1EV0NWG04297

Thanks
OTA trigger was activated on 1/23 and it expired on 2/22. This is normal as OTA's that require the vehicle to be inhibited have a 30 window to install before the update expires on the server. It failed countless times due to low battery conditions. The last time it failed, it reported your battery stats as:

"groupId":"1""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"21""currentLvBatterySoc":"61""currentHvBatterySoc":"82""currentHvBatteryEnergy":"140950""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"12810"

Your capacity is low at 21 of 35, and the charge was also low at 61 of 100. You would have needed to charge up your battery while the OTA trigger was active to help it go through. Nothing you can do now but wait for it to be resent.

Sponsored

DCTrentster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Highly doubt it's because the battery isn't charged enough. Even after all the recalls fixed and driving for hours the upgrade doesn't take. This is a Ford issue not a driver issue and they need to fix it.

OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
OTA trigger was activated on 1/23 and it expired on 2/22. This is normal as OTA's that require the vehicle to be inhibited have a 30 window to install before the update expires on the server. It failed countless times due to low battery conditions. The last time it failed, it reported your battery stats as:

"groupId":"1""totalLvBatteryCapacity":"21""currentLvBatterySoc":"61""currentHvBatterySoc":"82""currentHvBatteryEnergy":"140950""availableLvBatteryCapacity":"12810"

Your capacity is low at 21 of 35, and the charge was also low at 61 of 100. You would have needed to charge up your battery while the OTA trigger was active to help it go through. Nothing you can do now but wait for it to be resent.
Thanks, my truck has been plugged into the charger for 3 weeks as i have not used it. Shouldn't the LVB be charged?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Thanks, my truck has been plugged into the charger for 3 weeks as i have not used it. Shouldn't the LVB be charged?
Have you replaced the 12v LVB BMS sensor as a recent CSP 23B70 suggests, this could substantially improve your situation .... the next time this update is resent to your truck.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The LVB is normally only charged when the truck is on or the HVB is actively charging. Simply being plugged in doesn’t automatically charge the LVB. When the truck is in a quiescent state, it will only do an “emergency” LVB charge if it gets critically low, something like <40%.

DCTrentster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Unbelievable. The upgrade finally took! Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. We drove 7 hours and recharged 3 times on the highway and the upgrade was scheduled for about an hour after we got home and were charging using L2.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've been trying to install 6.8.0 for the last almost 24 hours. When it's supposed to be installing, I get this message on fordpass that says, "Update Scheduled, vehicle cannot be driven", but after an hour or so, it still says the same thing. When I get in the truck, it says that Update was postponed due to some other process, or something to that affect. When I manually set a time, it acts like it's going to install but it doesn't. I tried turning truck off, closing doors, setting parking brake. This is very frustrating.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I've been trying to install 6.8.0 for the last almost 24 hours. When it's supposed to be installing, I get this message on fordpass that says, "Update Scheduled, vehicle cannot be driven", but after an hour or so, it still says the same thing. When I get in the truck, it says that Update was postponed due to some other process, or something to that affect. When I manually set a time, it acts like it's going to install but it doesn't. I tried turning truck off, closing doors, setting parking brake. This is very frustrating.
Possibly the LVB isn't up to snuff?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Possibly the LVB isn't up to snuff?
I thought about that after reading through the thread but it looks like that charging it up didn't solve some people's problem either. I also had an extra 12 volt lithium battery added in parallel to accommodate the current draw that my advanced audio system demands. Hopefully they are up-to-snuff, I haven't seen any evidence that the batteries are struggling in any way since being installed about a year ago. I will call the dealer in the morning if I get the same result... it's set to install at 1 AM. Maybe it's that inexpensive battery module that may need replacing that others spoke about.

Thanks.

Ford F-150 Lightning Update 6.8 update problem 61293 (1)
Ford F-150 Lightning Update 6.8 update problem downloadfile
Sponsored

Last edited: