• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyJoule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Platinum
Well, I'm not the only one that is disappointed in Ford/Tesla right now.- I ordered within an hour of the order opening for the adapter- First it was June delivery, then July and just now it's been updated to September.
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
116xx (Canada). Was July, then August, now updated to September. 😡 Really should have stuck with that A2Z order. At least CCS is usable around here (BC). Just slower.

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Just got off the phone with Ford. They transferred me to another dept that was of little help. They have delivered approx 40,000 adapters to date and need approx 150,000 according to this CS rep.

They can't track my order by my Vin. HE told me to look up my original email from when I placed the order back on MAY 27th. Still shows for October.
They didn't recommend a 3rd party adapter, even though it sounds like people are having good luck with the current A2Z adapter.

Rick

(sorry meant to type May 27th. Not March)

Last edited:

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I'm reposting my vent because I am that p!ssed off and disappointed in Ford.

Well, for 💩s and giggles, I checked my adapter status tonight. Since I checked yesterday it has now been moved from July to........September. I am in the 6600 range.

The morons at Ford have f#cked themselves, and done it hard.

What in the actual f@ck Ford? This nonsense right here is just a small tid bit of why EVs are not catching on more. And it does NOTHING to help Ford's image that a device that was ordered in February, and was originally supposed to arrive in May, then booted to June, then booted to July, and now to September (poor August wasn't worthy of being lied about.)

I have a trip next week, this adapter would have made that trip infinitely easier but the people at Ford and Tesla and the mysterious "third party vender" can't correct their rectal-cranial inversion so Ford especially comes out looking like a monkey copulating with a football.

Yeah I'm pissed. Not for any other reason that I, and thousands and thousands of others, have been outright LIED to by Ford, Tesla, and the "third party vendor" with absolutely NO communication at all about what has gone one.

Ford, if you read this thread and this post in particular you should be completely and utterly ashamed of yourselves for deceiving your customer base. Pathetic.

If you can't even get an adapter taken care of, how in the hell do you think you are going to correct losing $5,000,000,000 in a single year? Incompetence does not even begin to describe your horrific actions.

OK. Venting over.......I'll vent again in September when the estimated ship by date is corrected to December. We all know it's gonna happen. Un-freaking-believable.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Just got off the phone with Ford. They transferred me to another dept that was of little help. They have delivered approx 40,000 adapters to date and need approx 150,000 according to this CS rep.

They can't track my order by my Vin. HE told me to look up my original email from when I placed the order back on March 27th. Still shows for October.
They didn't recommend a 3rd party adapter, even though it sounds like people are having good luck with the current A2Z adapter.

Rick
They delivered 40,000 adapters? I call complete and total BS. I have an order number in mid 6,600 range. Is Ford sending these things out to the dealers for the Lightnings on the lots first and saying screw you to the people that actually own the trucks already?

That is the only explanation I can come up with since so few of us here on this board have even said that they've received one.

I'm not buying the line they tried to sell you.

Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Unreal.
I went from may to June, June to July. And now September.

they don’t think they’re gonna ship any in August ??? Why???

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Carpenter
Just checked my order. Submitted on the first day. Originally due in May, then July, now says September. I realize it is free, but come on!

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
They don't care, they never cared. They got the headlines in the spring about it, they got the automotive youtubers to test them out with races and trips showing how it works.... Did you notice the delays don't make the news?

They got what they wanted, we might never.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
bumped from June to July now September as well. thanks for your patience.

Ltron

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER , 24 Lyriq AWD Lux1
Occupation
Ret
Ordered A2Z Typhoon Pro, which will be for sale ASAP. (pending Ford adapter)

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sorry but all the anger at Ford is misplaced. They made a deal with an egotistical maniac and have to walk on eggshells around him or he will pull all access to SCs.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
13415 also pushed to September.

Anyone have the betting odds on getting them this year? Before or after B.C. 1.X

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Sorry but all the anger at Ford is misplaced. They made a deal with an egotistical maniac and have to walk on eggshells around him or he will pull all access to SCs.
Elon can't pull the same shenanigans that he does with his own companies. There's no way Ford doesn't have a legal contract for access and Elon, while definitely unstable, is not that dumb to breach it.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
13415 also pushed to September.

Anyone have the betting odds on getting them this year? Before or after B.C. 1.X
I've been waiting for 10 months to get an OTA, what's another 2 months for an adapter? ;)
I'm SO happy I decided to buy the A2Z adapter now. I would be very nervous about my road trip to Disney in Sept without it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Elon can't pull the same shenanigans that he does with his own companies. There's no way Ford doesn't have a legal contract for access and Elon, while definitely unstable, is not that dumb to breach it.
I'm guessing that order form you filled out has not guarantees in it either. I'm sure that receiving it before the end of the year or even the middle of next year it will bring more benefit than the price you paid for it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.