Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
2023. Build date 12/16/2022 I think.

Just recieved and installed 23-PU0813-DOR-UP2 too..
Thanks, my 2023 has a build date 11/23, I bought it in December 23, and it is only on version 4.0.2315 and I have not gotten any updates (like a lot of 2023s).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Mine was replaced. Put it on the Battery Tender a few days later, and it has been sitting for a few days. Shows 59%... @Mike G, shouldn't it show close to 100%?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
They never read the CSP. They told you the first thing that came to mind to get you off the phone.

If you have a Lightning...you get a new BMS sensor. That's the beginning and end of it. No diagnosis required.
yep... talked to my dealer yesterday. she order the part without even looking at my truck.. but her information was that it's backordered nationwide. So I wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Mine was replaced. Put it on the Battery Tender a few days later, and it has been sitting for a few days. Shows 59%... @Mike G, shouldn't it show close to 100%?
From everything I've seen so far, yes.

I'm going to install mine today and I'll check the before and after SOC using FDRS to see what the delta is there.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Finally got around to try and schedule this after a few overnight updates failed this week. My closest dealer wants me to come in so they can "take pictures of my truck to verify my VIN" before they can even order the part, and I'll have to come back "whenever it arrives" to get it installed. Next closest dealer advertises mobile service, but when you call they only offer it for active recalls and their shop is booked out 2 weeks.

Bravo to whoever came up with the CSP designation to skirt TSB dealership obligations, the lack of priority is overwhelmingly apparent.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Finally got around to try and schedule this after a few overnight updates failed this week. My closest dealer wants me to come in so they can "take pictures of my truck to verify my VIN" before they can even order the part,
I sent my service advisor a pic of the part which was good enough for him to move forward with ordering. He didn't need to see it in person.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
I sent my service advisor a pic of the part which was good enough for him to move forward with ordering. He didn't need to see it in person.
Stopped in and they read the CSP letter and told me I'd need to drop it off for half a day to replace it despite only being a 0.3 hour labor allowance. They never even looked at the truck like they told me they "had to". They still wanted to schedule me for tomorrow despite not having the part available. Complete waste of time, off to go find a competent service center. @Ford Motor Company this is your representation.

Sponsored

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
So I asked my dealer to order the sensor for me, and their reply was that they were unable to order the parts right now. Ford sent out a bulletin to all dealers stating that the sensor is on backorder and part orders have been placed on hold. Is anyone else experiencing this?

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
I had a great experience this morning with mobile service. Call your dealer and ask if this is available! They came out, took ten minutes to install the part, and went on their way. I'm going to try to do this every time from now on. I also understand they will come and pick up the car for certain service if it needs to go in.

• Love

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Brought my truck in last Monday. Dealer did the HVB CSP, no problems with battery. LVB CSP-23B70
CSP for battery monitoring module was not completed because they didn't have the part. It's on order and I'm supposed to get a call when it comes in.
So, for the heck of it, I put the LVB on a battery tender overnight, it showed fully charged in the morning. I checked SOC on myford, showed 82%, drove the truck 50 miles today and myford is only showing 87%. I would have thought it would be higher. I think the truck really is underreporting the SOC of the LVB.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I just had the TSB done by mobile repair. Takes only a few minutes to swap out.
Did not have any issues that I know of before the swap, but now the exterior frunk button does not work. Interior button works fine.
The mobile serviced tech was perplexed. He even put the old part back in, but no luck.

Dealer is going to come and get the truck and drop of a loaner.

• Sad

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
but now the exterior frunk button does not work. Interior button works fine.
My outside frunk button stopped working a couple of months ago (but everything else worked). Dealer swapped out the switch and wiring harness for it, which probably involved removing the interior of the frunk lid and some other stuff - cost several hundred dollars for what I assumed was a bad switch.

Which is a long-winded way of saying it might have been a random event unrelated to the BMS swap. Hope you are still under warranty.
Sponsored