• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Appointment just "gets you in line?" Is this a Ford thing?

spdski

First Name
Miko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 311A
So, I got the letter about CSP 24B56 the other day and called to schedule the update/service. I was glad that the beeping annoyance would hopefully soon be over. My local dealer said they could pick up the truck, service it, and return it to me. They said it shouldn't take too long. Sweet, I thought....

Well, they picked it up at the crack of dawn Monday. I didn't hear anything all day, so I checked in this morning. I was told that it's sitting in back and has a couple other trucks in front of it before they even look at it. I asked what the point of an appointment is, and they said it gets the truck to them and "gets you in line," which then means it will sit for 2-3 days. Like, they won't put you "in line" until the truck is sitting on their lot. I called another dealer in the area and was told this was also their practice.

Is this a Ford thing? I've never dealt with something that seems so silly before from other vehicle brands I've owned. Heck, my GMC had a bunch of major warranty repairs done, and regardless of the dealership, when I set up an appointment and dropped the vehicle off, it was on the lift within an hour at most. What's the point of scheduling anything ahead of time? Why deprive people of their vehicle (without offering a substitute) for a week when nothing is being done?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Policy issues with Service expectations @Ford Motor Company

I would give the dealer a 0/1 rating for this behaviour

OP
OP

spdski

First Name
Miko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 311A
I would give the dealer a 0/1 rating for this behaviour
Well, I hope this means itā€™s not a general Ford policy or ruleā€¦ I was surprised when another dealer about 20 minutes away said they do the same thing and thatā€™s what made me think it could be systemic.

Hopefully I just need to find and use a different dealer?

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
This has to be dealer specific. Iā€™m getting mine done as I type. 8am appointment and they pulled it directly into a bay when I drove up this morning.

I also asked to see a new lightning on the lot and a sale person told me ford discontinued them. Lol

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is widespread among dealers of all brands. My current dealer operates the same way - except for me. Today I am dropping it off for tomorrow's 10AM appt for updates, so they can get started earlier if they want. But there is ONE EV mechanic and if he's taking longer, or shorter, the queue moves around him.

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
My dealer sent a mobile service van to my house for 24b56. He was in my driveway for about 2 hours to complete the update.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Dealerships are independently owned by law. Having hundreds or thousands of businesses be the customer facing side of YOUR business seems like a bad was to do business. I've observed the same thing in the airline industry.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
My dealer sent a mobile service van to my house for 24b56. He was in my driveway for about 2 hours to complete the update.
Sounds like sorcery! There's no way a dealer could possibly provide timely customer service. Impossible! Who is this warlock?

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer, who has done the regular scheduled maintenance by mobile service, told me they need the truck in their shop to complete 24b56. However, they are bringing a loaner to my home, taking the truck to their shop (45 minutes away), and then returning my truck afterwards, so almost as good as mobile service...

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Mine works the same way, sometimes they are quick, others take an extra day. As long as they have a loaner in happy.

I just got the bed camera fixed and asked them to do the CSP ( which disappeared from FordPass so I think it was done ) while I was on vacation. Dropped it off, said no loaner needed, I'll be out of town for a week. They had no problem, got an email half way through vacation that it was done.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Here's what my dealer told me: Appointments get you in line with the service advisor to check in your vehicle. It's to keep a bunch of people showing up at once and having to wait in line. They specifically told me that appointments have nothing to do with actually getting the vehicle to a technician. Getting the vehicle into a service bay is first come first serve.

Our Mazda dealer looks at technician availability when setting appointments so you are actually making an appointment with a technician to work on the car.

With dealers I've used that guarantee loaners, you can make an appointment for just service, but if you want a loaner, they make your appointment based on when one will be available to make sure you get one. Those dealers are typically going to be luxury brands, but our Subaru dealer does loaner. My Ford dealer would give you a loaner if they happened to have one, which was hit or miss because they didn't have many. I don't think they keep any anymore.

JackieDemarais

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
Occupation
Retired
So, I got the letter about CSP 24B56 the other day and called to schedule the update/service. I was glad that the beeping annoyance would hopefully soon be over. My local dealer said they could pick up the truck, service it, and return it to me. They said it shouldn't take too long. Sweet, I thought....

Well, they picked it up at the crack of dawn Monday. I didn't hear anything all day, so I checked in this morning. I was told that it's sitting in back and has a couple other trucks in front of it before they even look at it. I asked what the point of an appointment is, and they said it gets the truck to them and "gets you in line," which then means it will sit for 2-3 days. Like, they won't put you "in line" until the truck is sitting on their lot. I called another dealer in the area and was told this was also their practice.

Is this a Ford thing? I've never dealt with something that seems so silly before from other vehicle brands I've owned. Heck, my GMC had a bunch of major warranty repairs done, and regardless of the dealership, when I set up an appointment and dropped the vehicle off, it was on the lift within an hour at most. What's the point of scheduling anything ahead of time? Why deprive people of their vehicle (without offering a substitute) for a week when nothing is being done?
Iā€™m ā€œin lineā€ too with Ford. Iā€™m waiting for technical repairs on my charging system. Iā€™ve been in line for two weeks now.

OP
OP

spdski

First Name
Miko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT 311A
Iā€™m ā€œin lineā€ too with Ford. Iā€™m waiting for technical repairs on my charging system. Iā€™ve been in line for two weeks now.
Yikes! šŸ˜³

Iā€™d be counting all my out-of-service days closely and looking at lemon law options if I were in your shoes.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

no. it's your dealer. When I schedule service (which I'll be doing soon for the CSP mentioned) they pickup and return the same day.
Sponsored