Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

thunderbayterry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Mazda MX-30 EV
Occupation
IT
Something that not even the sales people knew about.

The tailgate pull out step has 2 pockets that hinges that allow a bar clamp to be inserted and then clamp your materials down to the the tailgate.

If you look close enough you can see the graphics that show the clamps.

Rick
I find it shocking how little the Ford sales people known about their EVS

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
You dont need to hold it. You just push the 7/8 button like you would your code.
My preteen nephews use the B Pillar keypad all the time. They love it... no fob to lose, makes them independent of me especially when we camp somewhere. Too bad that Ford didn't put the B Pillar keypad on both sides.

OP
OP
Max Power

Max Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My preteen nephews use the B Pillar keypad all the time. They love it... no fob to lose, makes them independent of me especially when we camp somewhere. Too bad that Ford didn't put the B Pillar keypad on both sides.
I also LOVE this feature. I regularly drive to a trailhead for a run and love that I can lock the truck and not have to hide a key somewhere. Now that I think of it, does anyone know if a smartwatch capable of running FordPass works like PAAK without needing to have your phone on you?

OP
OP
Max Power

Max Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Another feature that had me stumped for a while was the locking rear underseat storage (for those with this option). I could certainly figure out the storage tray, but it took me digging through the owner's manual to find out that the lock is actually a lock of the rear seat bottoms accessed via a keyhole on each side of the rear seats. Said keyholes were, in my case, hidden by the seat belt straps!

djstough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2023 MachE Premium ER
I just noticed this yesterday. If you stop and leave the truck in drive and then turn off the truck, the gear selector automatically changes to park.
I love this. I had this in my two prior Mercedes SUVs, albeit there wasn't a physical shifter. But I love just turning off the truck and it making sure you are in park!
Sponsored