Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I already had a single PL2320, so I originally went the route of buying a 2nd to do my updates. It worked great at first, but there were a few pucker moments later down the road when I got down in the 9v range on certain updates. Earlier this year I bought a PL6100 when it was on sale and I really like this model. I don't currently have a 20a outlet in my garage, so I bought a NEMA 14-50p adapter with 4x 5-20R outlets and a 20a breaker (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BX8GC1QH). I just unplug my Emporia and plug this in when I do updates. Both ends of the adapter are ETL listed and the cable is UL listed. No guarantees, but it makes me feel better about it. I'll wire up a dedicated 20a at some point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Just a heads up -- If you have a TRM update you might want to hold off on it. I woke up this morning to "trailer brake module fault and blind spot fault. Fired up FDRS and it showed my truck couldn't communicate with the TRM module. Ran through the communication tests on FDRS and none worked. Disconnected LVB, reconnected and everything is fine. Since this happened overnight and has never happened before in the 2+years that I have had the truck, I have to assume it was TRM update I did on Sunday.
Sponsored