• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
State or Province# of Magic Dock Locations as of 7/7/24 per Tesla websiteTotal # of Actual Magic DocksCitiesNot yet open
But Says 2024
Alabama228Alabaster (16), Prattville (12)
Alaska18Chugiak (8)
Arizona116Glendale (16)
Arkansas00
California448Jackson (8), Placerville (8), Roseville (16), Scott's Valley (16)
Colorado760Craig (8), Johnstown (12)Kremmling (8), Lamar (8), Montrose (8), Northglenn (16)1
Connecticut112Enfield (12)
Delaware00
Florida120St. Petersburg (20)
Georgia116East Point (16)
Hawaii00
Idaho00
Illinois18Marion (8)
Indiana216Haubstadt (8), Washington (8)
Iowa18Ames (8)
Kansas00
Kentucky18Beaver Dam (8)
Louisiana324Natchitoches (8), Pearl River (8), Ruston (8)
Maine18Rockland (8)
Maryland18Easton (8)
Massachusetts456Canton (20), Foxboro (12), Lynnfield (12), Provincetown (12)1
Michigan220Mackinaw City (8), Ypsilanti (12)
Minnesota216Alexandria (8), Monticello (8)
Mississippi112Vicksburg (12)
Missouri00
Montana00
Nebraska18Norfolk (8)
Nevada00
New Hampshire00
New Jersey780Avenel (12), Clark (16), Edison (8), Mahwah (8), Medford (12), Paramus (8), Perth Amboy (8)3
New Mexico00
New York17168Ballston Spa (8), Batavia (12), Brewster (8), Brooklyn (12), Cortland (8), Fredonia (12), Gansevoort (8), Hancock (8), Kirkwood (12), Lagrangeville (12), Monticello (12), North Hudson (8), Parish (8), Red Hook (8), Shirley (12), Verona (12), Yonkers (8)3
North Carolina00
North Dakota00
Ohio00
Oklahoma00
Oregon18Boardman (8)
Pennsylvania116Pittsburgh (16)
Rhode Island00
South Carolina112Columbia (12)
South Dakota00
Tennessee00
Texas116Fort Worth (16)1
Utah18
Vermont001
Virginia00
Washington328Forks (8), Moses Lake (12), Quincy (8)
West Virginia00
Wisconsin00
Wyoming00
TOTAL7073610
CANADA
Alberta112Calgary (12)
British Columbia00
Maintoba00
Newfoundland and Labrador00
Ontario16North Bay (6)
Quebec16Deep River (6)
Saskatchewan00
TOTAL324
GRAND TOTAL US AND CANADA73760
Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I find it interesting that number one Texas is the largest state! number two it is now Home to Tesla corporate(or is going to be soon) Number three there is a giga factory in Austin and we have one Magic dock coming soon (I assume that’s what that means) in Fort Worth? Makes total sense….not!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I find it interesting that number one Texas is the largest state! number two it is now Home to Tesla corporate(or is going to be soon) Number three there is a giga factory in Austin and we have one Magic dock coming soon (I assume that’s what that means) in Fort Worth? Makes total sense….not!
The FW station has been open since last year and plenty of check-ins from non-Teslas on PlugShare.

Also, pretty sure Alaska is bigger than us. :)

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
The FW station has been open since last year and plenty of check-ins from non-Teslas on PlugShare.

Also, pretty sure Alaska is bigger than us. :)
You are correct! I don’t really count Alaska, even though they are bigger because…like five people live in Alaska🤣😂🤣 And I think only one of them has an EV😂🤣😂
Still, we oughta get a little home cooking!

SpacemanSpiff

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Somehow lowly Alabama, home of the $200 punitive ev tax, has more magic docks than Texas, Florida, Michigan, etc. That makes no sense, but I'm not complaining.

You are correct! I don’t really count Alaska, even though they are bigger because…like five people live in Alaska🤣😂🤣 And I think only one of them has an EV😂🤣😂
Proud graduate of Texas A&M, here. Not trying to throw too much shade at Texas, but ... not exactly the first time I've heard a Texan say "Alaska don't count!"

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@Bandit216 is one our early Lightning adopters delivery day 7/16/2022 in Alaska

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Truly, I was joking about Alaska hence the 🤣😂🤣.
It is actually a place I would love to visit/explore before I leave this earth.
My point was just that although I do not know the total number of EV’s in Texas. I know there are many many Teslas (not to mention all the other EV brands and models)in our state! I live in the Dallas area and if I leave here and drive to El Paso(660 miles), I am about halfway to San Diego (one state)but still would need to cross, New Mexico, Arizona, and the southern part of California. South Padre Island is about 600 miles. San Antonio is about 300, Houston is about 260 and Austin is about 225 and Amarillo is 370! I know this was just about the magic docs, and there are many other superchargers in Texas but for the size and population of our state it seems kind of lacking!
Edit: over 200,000 now in Texas
https://afdc.energy.gov/data/mobile/10962

Last edited:

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Somehow lowly Alabama, home of the $200 punitive ev tax, has more magic docks than Texas, Florida, Michigan, etc. That makes no sense, but I'm not complaining.

Proud graduate of Texas A&M, here. Not trying to throw too much shade at Texas, but ... not exactly the first time I've heard a Texan say "Alaska don't count!"
I believe we have that $200 (tax) as well. They just put it on the registration to make up for our lack of using fossil fuels that have the baked in road tax.
I thought we could be friends, but I went to Texas Tech so…
🤣😂🤣

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
PlugShare indicated a Tesla site under construction in Lordsburg, NM that was NEVI funded. Does that mean it will have Magic Docks? I got my A2Z yesterday so it's more of a big deal that they will be NACS compliant and open for business. Can't wait to try it out, probably won't be heading back that way until end of the year though.

OP
OP
RickLightning

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
PlugShare indicated a Tesla site under construction in Lordsburg, NM that was NEVI funded. Does that mean it will have Magic Docks? I got my A2Z yesterday so it's more of a big deal that they will be NACS compliant and open for business. Can't wait to try it out, probably won't be heading back that way until end of the year though.
Yes, that is what it has to mean, because otherwise it doesn't meet the requirements of NEVI.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
At least there is one...Virginia is a virgin when it comes to magic dock. A big zero.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
At least there is one...Virginia is a virgin when it comes to magic dock. A big zero.
I used one in Mississippi and one in Louisiana on my way home from your neck of the woods!
I It was pretty cool once I read how to do it.

Reactions: chl

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I used one in Mississippi and one in Louisiana on my way home from your neck of the woods!
I It was pretty cool once I read how to do it.
Yes, I saw a YouTube video a while back when the first one went on-line for use by other CCS1-equipeped EVs. Nice how it can't be stolen off the Tesla plug, that is needed these days with all the vandalism of EV infrastructure going on.

But, alas, Virginia's current administration is bass-ackwards in many ways, from refusing to allow Ford to build a battery factory here to withdrawing from the multi-state pact to reduce emission.

So I guess it is not surprising there are no Magic Docks here.

"Virginia is for Lovers," (a state slogan) but also for some haters of Ev's it seems.

A lot of Tesla's around here in Northern Virginia, even have a Cybertruck about a mile from me - an ugly thing I must say, but bullet proof for the coming dystopia? Just don't pound on the glass with a sledge hammer.

Still a couple of Leaf drivers in the neighborhood too, plug-in hybrids as well.

They try but they can't stop progress.

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
I have a theory that the whole "Magic Dock" experiment was to test the adapters on all the EVs currently on the road. I have serious doubts that we will see much further expansion of magic dock superchargers .