• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
My install was successful.
So the frunk beep louder and SOC is that it?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My install was successful.
So the frunk beep louder and SOC is that it?
As far as I know, no one has pointed out any other changes.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I believe this OTA also addresses the trip meter reset issue in SSM 51805.
I did notice that my trip log for all of Friday was 100% accurate stop to stop, but that included events prior to the update, I think they did server side adjustments earlier this week which helped with that issue. Still a good week for updates.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Do you know what LVB voltage they are looking for when checking for a software update?
I see there was another answer to this but I thought I'd respond anyway. What the system is looking for isn't voltage, but more a measurement of the state of charge in percentage. And unfortunately unless you have some little OBD plug in adapter and software or use FDRS etc. you won't know what the state of charge is on your 12V battery.

During all my FDRS programming sessions where I use a powersupply, when first connecting the powersupply up it shows the state of charge on the display so I know whether I need to charge the battery up a bit before I start programming (needs to be 80% minimum). So everytime I've done this on both my Lightning and my Mach-E, the state of charge first thing in the morning is down around 45-50%. Every single time.

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So if I'm not even getting a notification that there is an update, but I'm connected to my wifi at the house, and my modem seems to be working, is it just that it hasn't been made available for my truck yet? Does it take this long to fliter out to all the vehicles?
Updates don't come through your house Wi-Fi. Just the truck's TCU.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Updates don't come through your house Wi-Fi. Just the truck's TCU.
I know this has been true and you know more of these details than most, but have they maybe recently changed this?

While I agree almost every update I received came while I was away from the house, I happen to catch the last update downloading while I was at home in the garage, this was the first time I ever saw or suspected it might be downloading over wifi. The truck had been sitting a while and I went to get something out of it. I had a message that it was downloading. I could not tell from the truck if it was connected to wifi, but it should have been. I also didn't go in to look at my router (I should have) to see if it was connected at that moment.

However, I suspect this last update may have finally downloaded over wifi.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
when first connecting the powersupply up it shows the state of charge on the display so I know whether I need to charge the battery up a bit before I start programming (needs to be 80% minimum). So everytime I've done this on both my Lightning and my Mach-E, the state of charge first thing in the morning is down around 45-50%. Every single time.
Thanks for the detailed answer! I have a OBDLink CX that I have spent way too little time trying to learn.

I know that nobody seems to be able to answer the dilemma of EVs – why is maintaining a 12V battery so hard? This has cost VW many billions and (at least partially) led to the disaster that is their software when their OTA updates have failed so spectacularly. I think Ford was wise to get away from VW before they went down with the ship. Although, sometimes I think I see some of the legacy in Ford software.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well the 12V battery in the Mach-E and Lightning are the same 35Ah AGM battery. I think a lot of their problems could be solved by just going to a slightly larger capacity battery. It would mean that when 0100 rolls around and the default check update time logic looks for an OTA that the 12V battery might still show a SOC greater than 80% and the OTA would then process, instead of failing because of the battery.

Folks who aren't concerned with warranty replacements on their existing Ford supplied batteries in their MME or Lightning may want to consider this 40Ah DieHard replacement. I didn't realize until doing some searching around that the battery in our trucks and the Mach-E is a DIN H3 size.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits Mach-E-Lightning_Diehard_Replacement

The DieHard is made by a company called Clarios and apparently contains technology specific to the needs of EVs. Link Here. And Here.

Here's the exact replacement Motorcraft battery from RockAuto showing the specs, and size. If I needed a new battery I'd go with the DieHard.
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits RockAuto_MME_Lightning_Battery

Last edited:

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Not all too excited about the CHM update, but it loaded first time last night. That is fricking awsome.! 😀

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I applied the scientific method to the Power Update voodoo Ouija Board. It just installed on an UPDATE NOW after many failures.

• Preparation: Turn everything off and walk away a couple times with truck ON to charge 12V from its typical 12.3V-12.5V comfort zone. It's now 12.7V, time to try the update! FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • Oops, didn't actually turn headlight switch to OFF from AUTO. FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • Oops, make sure Parking Brake is engaged FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • Wait! Is the key fob or iPhone too close? FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • I know! Hinky 2 bar WiFi location, parked next to garage. Move truck to next to house within six feet of wifi router. FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • Morning 2, 12V battery sagged down to 12.5V, repeat start and charge procedure, yield = 12.8V! FAIL - "Hi! We need your help to install..."
  • Next attempt, plug in truck, "UPDATE SUCCESSFUL Check out what's new!" Although, we're not going to tell you we added a little SoC reading that you've been wanting.

Maybe next time, I'll just plug in the truck and do this crap in reverse order. It's scheduled for its one-year well baby checkup in August. I'm going to try to talk them into a new 12V LVB.
After a couple of failures, I just brought the update on my screen and pressed the start button. And, lo and behold, it worked!

Capstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost, 2019 Nissan Leaf
You are right. Having the kw’s would be super as well. That would be way cleaner look.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits 1690170440068

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I got this updated installed over the weekend while on vacation. The past 2 updates have lost all of my radio presets though. I wish ford could figure out how to install an update with out losing the radio presets.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got this updated installed over the weekend while on vacation. The past 2 updates have lost all of my radio presets though. I wish ford could figure out how to install an update with out losing the radio presets.
That's weird, none of the recent 3 or 4 updates have wiped my presets!!!
Are you preconditioning or remote starting the truck then later jumping in and the FOB/PAAK failing to load your driver profile (common issue) hit the seat number you remembered your settings and profile to, this impacts radio preferences.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Got mine today during a quick drive to get lunch during work. I did the "update now" after I got back to work, and it worked seamlessly like the last 2 updates. It seems Im almost always week behind whenever you get your updates @TaxmanHog... So I'm obeying your preference of getting in line, directly behind you!

I dont have any radio presets so no Idea if it would have messed anything up there.

Overall glad to see the progress with Fords updates, which have for the most part been smooth for me. 3 big gripes resolved less than a year in.... 1) Camera button on main screen. 2) Better UI for HVAC and Temp Control on Seats 3) HVB SOC % now shown.

Crossing fingers for "Generator Mode / Pro Power onboard only" to get enabled next instead of having to have the truck running to use pro power.
Sponsored