• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
I am in the EAP and my 23 has not gotten it yet. I drove around this morning.
Sponsored

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E
Anyone else lose all but the top row of radio presets? All I have now are five spots for radio stations. Worked fine yesterday and looks like my update was done overnight.

Ford F-150 Lightning Software Update 6.14.0 - Sync Update Ver 23306 Revision: 1076 17253641795342061605403542333023

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else lose all but the top row of radio presets? All I have now are five spots for radio stations. Worked fine yesterday and looks like my update was done overnight.

17253641795342061605403542333023.jpg

I haven't gotten the update yet, but you should be able to go into radio settings and adjust the number of displayed lines to fix this.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Has anyone had trouble with this update? My truck has said “Not Completed” since Friday.
"Not complete" means the OTA failed for one reason or another.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
2022 Lightning Displays Multiple Faults at Startup

Hi all,

I've been watching this forum for a couple years now and finally have something to post!

I drove my '22 Lightning home yesterday, plugged it in to my Ford charger, it charged up to 80% successfully in the evening, and I went to bed. This morning I loaded the kids up to head out and there were multiple faults rotating through the cluster: Front Motor Fault Service Required, Service AdvanceTrac, Pedestrian Surround Fault Service Now, Trailer Break System Fault See Manual, Cross-Traffic System Fault, there might have been another one in there. Tried to turn it off and back on, wait a while, etc. and no dice. I got an update a few days ago, but it was successful and everything has been fine. I haven't had any other issues with it. Any thoughts that might help? Of course this happens on a Sunday when the dealer is closed, right before Labor Day... when I'm guessing they're closed.

- M
I would have the 12v battery checked - the warranty on the OEM battery is only 24 months.

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago (with a 25 month old battery) after a night of manual (FDRS) updates. 40 mile morning commute was fine, but I got a rash of faults and warnings after a morning of charging, and then it wouldn't start. It did start after about an hour of just sitting, so I drove to the auto parts store.

I didn't even bother checking the battery health - put in a new battery and have had no issues since.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
The 12V Battery is covered for 3 years, 36,000 miles, not two. See https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/warranty/warranties-and-coverage/what-is-my-battery-warranty/

Also the specific bumper-to-bumper warranty for the Lightning does not have a limitation for 12V battery like it does tires, etc.
I stand corrected (and will edit the original post). At over 67K miles, I figured it was out of warranty and was, in any event, not worth the hassle of a trip to the dealer.

BTW @Ford Motor Company , what's the deal with 10mm nuts for the battery terminals and 8mm for the battery hold-down clamp?

bakerm82

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I would have the 12v battery checked - the warranty on the OEM battery is only 24 months.

The same thing happened to me a couple of months ago (with a 25 month old battery) after a night of manual (FDRS) updates. 40 mile morning commute was fine, but I got a rash of faults and warnings after a morning of charging, and then it wouldn't start. It did start after about an hour of just sitting, so I drove to the auto parts store.

I didn't even bother checking the battery health - put in a new battery and have had no issues since.
It’s at the dealership right now. Hopefully that’s it, but I’ll report back when they figure it out.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I stand corrected (and will edit the original post). At over 67K miles, I figured it was out of warranty and was, in any event, not worth the hassle of a trip to the dealer.

BTW @Ford Motor Company , what's the deal with 10mm nuts for the battery terminals and 8mm for the battery hold-down clamp?
Understand the hassle factor and it greatly depends on dealer. When I thought I was having a 12V issue, I talked to my service advisor. He said just bring it into the QuickLane at the dealer. Sure enough I drove up there and explained my issue. A tech did a quick battery test and found it okay. Had it been bad, they would have replaced it on the spot. Battery still good. I don't drive much and this was prior to the whole BMS fiasco they discovered

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
I just got the 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD update, which rolled out in March 2024 for others. Any reason why my updates may be so far behind, or is it just random. 2022 Lariat ER here.
So....., should I "expect" the update the subject of this thread to hit me in another 4 months?

And I don't see that updates are shown on the FordPass app? I know where to find them on my screen in the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I just got the 23-PU1024-6CH-AUD update, which rolled out in March 2024 for others. Any reason why my updates may be so far behind, or is it just random. 2022 Lariat ER here.
So....., should I "expect" the update the subject of this thread to hit me in another 4 months?

And I don't see that updates are shown on the FordPass app? I know where to find them on my screen in the truck.
There is no rhyme or reason, you'll get updates when Bill Ford deems it to be, FP was retooled to remove historic storage of updates prior to version 5.x.x

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I just noticed that when navigating via Apple Maps, the miles to destination now shows up under the range remaining in the driver’s display, just like it does when using Ford’s Nav. Neat.
That's a big deal for me since Maps doesn't otherwise show the miles remaining and it helps me to mentally keep track of my battery usage along with the app's estimation.

Mashedtators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I just noticed that when navigating via Apple Maps, the miles to destination now shows up under the range remaining in the driver’s display, just like it does when using Ford’s Nav. Neat.
I wish this was an option on Waze.
Sponsored