• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bigmicah

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
At this point in time, are there any folks -NOT- in EAP that have gotten this update?

One would think the EAP team would communicate with y'all that this was coming if it were only for testers.
Not in EAP and just got it this afternoon. '22 Lariat
Sponsored

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Has anyone had issues with wireless CarPlay after installing 6.14?

Mine does not connect, even removed and re-added it to CarPlay but will not work unless it’s wired.
I know on my wife’s 21 GTPE with 6.14 car play is atrocious so I’m pretty sure anyone with 6.14 on a lightning it’s just as bad. My wife gets so frustrated with 6.14 and it’s CarPlay the newest update I have on my 2024 lariat is hands-down better

See this thread of another update come to a Lightning near you.....
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ity-update-center-display-enhancements.21174/
once you get the new sync update you will be happy. Just not sure how long it will take to get to you

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Not in EAP and just got it this afternoon. '22 Lariat
That's great news, hopefully more of us will start to see the updates roll in soon.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Check your audio settings, this update reset my audio settings. Otherwise the new interface refinements are nice with the new icons, and CarPlay no longer has those small black gaps, it fits perfectly!

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Check your audio settings, this update reset my audio settings. Otherwise the new interface refinements are nice with the new icons, and CarPlay no longer has those small black gaps, it fits perfectly!
That’s good to hear I’ve been waiting for those to go away

Sponsored

mikee179

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I received this update yesterday as well. ‘22 Lariat not in EAP.

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Ive been doing everything possible to get updates at home (truck on WiFi, let it it run in garage until it times out, LVB > 90%, etc), but I’ve been stuck on 6.1 for about a month. I do have poor cell service at my house, but truck is on strong WiFi whenever its on.

Then last night, after 2 days of some quick road tripping i got 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE. Per the noted list of updates, that means i skipped 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, etc.

However, just tried Apple Maps on whim and now its clear i do in fact have 6.3.

So maybe i misunderstood, but it seems like maybe the truck just did a stack of software updates at once but only sent the notification about the final one it got to? Is that how this works?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So maybe i misunderstood, but it seems like maybe the truck just did a stack of software updates at once but only sent the notification about the final one it got to? Is that how this works?
In the past, I've had a string of updates happen over the course of a day and only seen the notification for the latest, congrat's you're truck is making progress.

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
So i think i can make one more observation now.

Both times I’ve gotten a string of updates, its been during and right after road trips for work (short ones, like 150-200mi one way then return leg the following day) but after which the truck was on for like 3 hrs consecutively a few times. Maybe it just takes a long time for it to communicate with the mothership.

I think next update dry spell i hit I’ll try keeping it ‘on’ in the garage like all day on WiFi and see if that has an effect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Received this update overnight. 22 lariat ER. First update in a long time. UI does feel a little faster.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Got this update yesterday, too. Same deal as before. On the Software Updates tab, the previous update ECG-24.2.4.10 changed to NOT COMPLETED, and BINGO!, 6.14.0 started downloading. Took ~5 hours even though my truck's on strong Wi-Fi. 2023 Lariat ER, not EAP.