• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
finally got my ship notice today. (been waiting since 2/5) but for this thread I noticed:
Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning 1687177527357
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
finally got my ship notice today. (been waiting since 2/5) but for this thread I noticed:
1687177527357.png
Then they will be holding delivery until they get a part to replace it.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I found more information on this recall - 23V418.

I also found the "Chronology of Defect / Noncompliance Determination", which is attached.

Attachments

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Also, based on the reports I posted above (post number 63), according to FMC more than 50% of those had issues with inoperative or flickering supplemental tail lamps and/or reverse lamps.

So that means, if you have water/moisture now (like I do now)... there is a good chance it will fail soon...

As of May 2, 2023, there are 291 warranty claims and four Vehicle Owner Questionnaire (VOQ) reports received from Aug 24, 2022, through April 28, 2023, indicating either moisture in the rear lightbar and/or inoperative or flickering reverse lamps.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Just a FYI to everyone:

A new rear lightbar assembly (Part Number NL34-13N466-AE) will be installed to replace the recalled component (Part Number NL34-13N466-AC).
I have had the repair done once, oddly it appears the part that was used per the service report was neither of the ones listed. :unsure:

- Took delivery in Nov. 2022
- Noticed water in Dec. 2022
- Replacement Light Bar ordered in Jan. 2023
- Replacement Light Bar installed by dealer in Feb. 2023
- I have not seen any water in the replacement light bar (Yet)

My service notes from dealer...

"1. Verified concern. Rear tailgate stoplight bar has water droplets inside of it. Referenced GSB 22-7002. Ordered tailgate stoplight strip. Ordered tailgate moulding. Removed and replaced tailgate stoplight strip, and tailgate moulding. Performed IMPA rear camera alignment and test drove. Cleared codes. OK"

Parts
NL3Z 13434A - LENS AND REFLECTOR ASY 1
ML3Z 9941018AC - MOULDING 1"

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I have had the repair done once, oddly it appears the part that was used per the service report was neither of the ones listed. :unsure:

- Took delivery in Nov. 2022
- Noticed water in Dec. 2022
- Replacement Light Bar ordered in Jan. 2023
- Replacement Light Bar installed by dealer in Feb. 2023
- I have not seen any water in the replacement light bar (Yet)

My service notes from dealer...

"1. Verified concern. Rear tailgate stoplight bar has water droplets inside of it. Referenced GSB 22-7002. Ordered tailgate stoplight strip. Ordered tailgate moulding. Removed and replaced tailgate stoplight strip, and tailgate moulding. Performed IMPA rear camera alignment and test drove. Cleared codes. OK"

Parts
NL3Z 13434A - LENS AND REFLECTOR ASY 1
ML3Z 9941018AC - MOULDING 1"
You are not wrong, nor are they. I am still trying to figure out the differences, if any. I came across a ebay listing, which had that number on it. When look at FMP website, I see the one listed in your post. They could be the same, and just renamed or just pointer to another part.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning s-l1600

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You are not wrong, nor are they. I am still trying to figure out the differences, if any. I came across a ebay listing, which had that number on it. When look at FMP website, I see the one listed in your post. They could be the same, and just renamed or just pointer to another part.

s-l1600.jpg
You may not be able to tell the difference, but something changed. Ford doesn't change the engineering part number just for the heck of it. It could be a different grade of plastic or something with the assembly process.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
You may not be able to tell the difference, but something changed. Ford doesn't change the engineering part number just for the heck of it. It could be a different grade of plastic or something with the assembly process.
I get that and I totally agree, however when looking at NL34-13N466-AC, it points to NL3Z 13434A and when looking for NL34-3N466-AE... nothing shows up (which is expected since they didn't produce it yet). This is why I found the ebay listing, and it showed NL34-13N466-AC right on the sticker.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning Screenshot 2023-06-19 150559

thedadlegend

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smoked Quartz Lariat ER
Well it got me - 1/4 of the bar isn’t lighting up. Guess I have to wait for parts before scheduling anything - and I'm not sure how my local dealership will handle it. A few months ago they were telling me I'd have to leave the truck with them to even get on a list...
Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning IMG_6202

Last edited:

antimatterparticle

First Name
Higgs boson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,150,4XE
What if we just coat the part that tends to crack? It seems that it is only the lens based on the PDF shared.

the procedure to replace the light bar is very intrusive and, in most cases, it will also require the replacement of the top moulding.

I also had the replacement done with the part previously posted in this thread. I hope it does not have to be replaced again.

Sponsored

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
My Lariat was built on March 16th and is in transit to my dealership. It is expected to arrive sometime next week (June 21st or so). My ford pass app shows that my vehicle is included in the recall, but i live in Canada so i checked for this recall on the Transport Canada website. They don't show this recall yet.

I'm hoping that my dealer will be allowed to deliver my truck when it arrives as the recall notice posted in this thread indicates that the no Demonstration / Deliver clause is based on federal law in the US, which may not apply in Canada. Im keeping my fingers crossed but will know more when my truck arrives.

Below is the website link for anyone how wants to check for recalls in Canada. Transport Canada Recall Search
Well it looks like the Canadian Lightnings built during the same time period are also subject to this recall and delivery hold. My truck arrived at the dealer on the 17th, and I was supposed to pick it up tomorrow, June 22nd, but i had a call from my dealer today saying that they just found out that my truck is included in the recall, and they are not allowed to deliver it until it is fixed. Attached is a copy of the Canadian version of the recall notice which adds 4649 trucks to the U.S. total. All is not lost as I did get a chance to test drive my truck, but i'm not sure if i want to wait another 5-7 months to take delivery of my vehicle.

Ford F-150 Lightning TSB/Safety Recall 23S30: Rear Light bar Replacement for 2022-23 F-150 Lightning 3139951136616587170

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
Ford could make the most of this recall by not only engineering a fix, but maybe adding a feature too. It would be cool if they made the lightbar have unlock and lock animations. I know this probably won’t happen but it would be a fun way to improve Lightning’s from the recall.

Last edited:

Micah1999

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F150 Raptor, 2022 Ford F150Lightning
Occupation
Assembler
Yesterday I dropped off my Lariat Lightning to replace the rear light bar due to the infamous moisture condensation on the inside. They had the new part ready to put on, but called me this morning saying that within the last couple of days Ford issued a recall on the lights due to micro cracks in the plastic.

They've been informed that they are not to replace the light bar as that replacement has the same issue.

Ford will be replacing the light bars with updated parts that do not contain those cracks at a later date and the dealer will call me once Ford has the part available. This has now been confirmed.

safety-recall-f150-lightning-rear-lightbar-replacement.jpg
Has another found out how long it will be before the replacement parts will be available?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Then they will be holding delivery until they get a part to replace it.
Yep, went to pick it up today and dealer confirmed that they cannot release the vehicle until the recall is cleared. That means that the factory is shut down again. let's see how long before we see a press release.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yep, went to pick it up today and dealer confirmed that they cannot release the vehicle until the recall is cleared. That means that the factory is shut down again. let's see how long before we see a press release.
Oof. If true, I wonder if they can do anything to accelerate construction to take advantage of this time.
Sponsored