Sponsored

Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just got this notification. This is one that requires the vehicle to be off (scheduled).
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits Screenshot_20230712_164238_FordPass
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits 20230712_164147
Sponsored

OP
OP
BennyTheBeaver

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Seriously they added more frunk beeping? I thought maybe they would add a toggle for the sound or something.
Yeah, it's for interior notifications.

Ironically, yesterday, I drove with an open frunk due to it not closing properly. The interior notifications are already plenty annoying and there is no way to miss it. Non-stop loud chimes and an alert on the instrument cluster that can't be dismissed (before this update).

Interesting priority.

🤷‍♂️

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Half of their problem is they shouldn't stop the frunk from closing just because you've taken the truck out of park. Finish the close regardless of Park or moving to drive. I've experienced it. Louder beeps is just annoying, don't be so short sighted to stop the close and have a need for a notification. You truly have to question the brain power behind these decisions.

OP
OP
BennyTheBeaver

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Half of their problem is they shouldn't stop the frunk from closing just because you've taken the truck out of park. Finish the close regardless of Park or moving to drive. I've experienced it. Louder beeps is just annoying, don't be so short sighted to stop the close and have a need for a notification. You truly have to question the brain power behind these decisions.
100% agree. This happened to me yesterday.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Lmao…..

One year anniversary and this is what we get…..

None of the feedback that’s been given over the year ….. Frunk Chime…. They’ve been working hard 🤣

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
None of the feedback that’s been given over the year ….. Frunk Chime…. They’ve been working hard 🤣
Ford does LOVE their chimes. I was thinking the other day I need to find that frunk speaker and either snip the wires or wrap it in a towel.

Sad realization that my 'grownup toy' is far more noisy than my kids toys that are designed to make noise.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I did notice one small change after this update....

Looks like they added battery percentage.
PXL_20230713_124640945.jpg
I saw this posted elsewhere. Very nice. Are they finally listening? Well they probably are, but they likely can't hear us over the loud frunk chimes.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What an easter egg, didn't even mention it in the release notes!
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM: Frunk Chime Vol, SOC digits 1689255224676

Storm Breaker

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
truck driver
these posts are too funny. i agree with the fact that it is silly to stop closing when you go to drive. i had to grab something real quick from the frunk at a light. i figured id grab it hit the button and jump in and drive. jokes on me. i had to hold up traffic. smh

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I did notice one small change after this update....

Looks like they added battery percentage.
THIS is what should have been in the update notes and the frunk chime the easter egg. Missed opportunity for some positive feedback on Ford's part. Gotta be some low level engineering in Ford with a big red mark on his forehead after the higher ups chose to go with the chimes being louder.