First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
OK, maybe I'm overly skeptical, but what makes that the "Actual" VCM2 other than that they didn't erase "Rotunda" on the label ?
At $300 I personally doubt it's any more OEM/acutal than, say, this one: Chinese knockoff
It could be a clone because the second picture doesn't have the VCM II imbedded in the case. I use a 2 board Chinese clone and it works great. Not all Chinese clones are the equal, there are 2 board and 1 board clones. The 2 board clones that use the Bosch firmware work as well as the Mongoose at less than half the cost.
Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
It could be a clone because the second picture doesn't have the VCM II imbedded in the case. I use a 2 board Chinese clone and it works great. Not all Chinese clones are the equal, there are 2 board and 1 board clones. The 2 board clones that use the Bosch firmware work as well as the Mongoose at less than half the cost.
Turkish firms do a lot of licensed production as subs to German industry. Don't know if that's the case here (i.e. Bosch) but I wouldn't be surprised. Turkish higher-end manufacturing is pretty reliable these days.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I use an Autel unit.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS IMG_0941

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
New IPMA/PSCM updates popped up in FDRS for the F150 this morning. No one (that I know of) has installed it yet, but it is mostly likely the same software that was pushed out to the Mach E for BC 1.3 starting a few months ago.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
New IPMA/PSCM updates popped up in FDRS for the F150 this morning. No one (that I know of) has installed it yet, but it is mostly likely the same software that was pushed out to the Mach E for BC 1.3 starting a few months ago.
Hoping this also fixes my camera issue not coming on after 24B56.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hoping this also fixes my camera issue not coming on after 24B56.
You mean your cameras while driving? I'm not sure if I looked into this for you or not yet. If I didn't, send me the VIN. It may be something as simple a a config change with FORScan to fix it.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You mean your cameras while driving? I'm not sure if I looked into this for you or not yet. If I didn't, send me the VIN. It may be something as simple a a config change with FORScan to fix it.
The camera coming up when approaching something , like the wall in the garage. Camera works but it does not come up automatically. It started as soo. As they did that CSP, which was for the IPMA/PSCM

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The camera coming up when approaching something , like the wall in the garage. Camera works but it does not come up automatically. It started as soo. As they did that CSP, which was for the IPMA/PSCM
Hmmm. There has to be some kind of event that makes the cams turn on. I don't know it be memory. I'd have to look through the FORScan spreadsheet to see if I can find anything.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Thanks. Sent you the VIN too.
This is what you are showing in this line of your IPMA:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1729620059826-ux

After consulting with one of the guru's on the ICE forum and pulling the a/b data of another Lightning, I would change this to an 8:

xxxx x8xx xx--

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1729620088754-

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Id love to try it - but its at the dealership. Do they use FORScan routinely?
No, FORScan is not used by dealers......Ford frowns upon it. FDRS is not capable of making individual config changes. If the only reason your truck is at the dealer is for this, go over there with your laptop and fix it in their face. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Let me rephrase something: I am sure FDRS is capable of changing config, but unless Ford adds a guided routine to purposely address this particular issue like they have for other issues, the dealer will not be able to fix this without involving engineers at some level. First they've had to figure out what is causing before it they can fix it.

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HAHA I think I will, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank you!

PJnc284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning

1729620059826-ux.jpg

After consulting with one of the guru's on the ICE forum and pulling the a/b data of another Lightning, I would change this to an 8:

xxxx x8xx xx--

1729620088754-jg.jpg
As a confirmation mine is set to 8 and the front camera comes up but have to be pretty close. I usually just manually bring up the camera instead of waiting

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2023 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Engineer

1729620059826-ux.jpg

xxxx x8xx xx--

1729620088754-jg.jpg
This fixed it for me also, thank you!
Sponsored