First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250, focus, cmax energy.
Occupation
retired
Yep, we have to speak up and not to just dealers but to Ford directly via emails phone and any other available access point. I had a transmission issue that i anticipated before purchase and questioned Ford about it whom assured me that the issue was gone and not to worry but it happened. I ended by badgering Ford even the ceo untill i finally got some one interested near the top. Have no idea who it was but i was calling the ceo at the time and the very next day i received a call back saying the part was being air freighted and would be installed asap. They even inquired about my out of pocket expenses and paid them all including lodging rental car and out of pocket incidentals much to my surprise. Sometime it pays to badger the corporate office.
But the fact is if we don't rattle their cage and stay on them the job won't get done.
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hands-Free is not worth $80 per month for my driving. Yes, it's a nice feature when I drive from Boston up to our camp in Maine in the spring. And when I drive back to Boston in the fall. But certainly not worth $80 for a few hours of driving.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
Ford Navigation doesn't go away. What goes away are connected features of it. The reason that some pay for it is that it's the only way to precondition the battery, when you're headed for DCFC.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
yeah all these now "optional" features really fragmented everything. I can't get a Lariat in the color I want with pro power onboard anymore.. :(
Mmmm,

I thought that all lightnings have propower onboard, which one doesn't?

Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
The Lightning is not on the Comma3x compatibility list. Have you experienced any issues due to unofficial compatibility?
Without any modifications it works just fine. You get some error codes at startup that clear themselves.

There is a complete solution which seamlessly integrates the Comma3x with the Lightning (requires modifying a harness or reaching out to a kind forum member that will make you one). With that harness there are zero errors, and zero issues.

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Well, I don’t want to complain. One of the reasons that I like ford, is because the outrageous scam by General Motors runs on people with their new android automotive system. You have to pay through the nose for their subscription to do the simplest of things, and on top of that if you own an Apple phone, it is useless. I don’t need Blue Cruise, and therefore whatever Ford is offering is good enough for me at this point relative to other companies.

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I pick up hopefully on Friday. I also asked them not to wash outside, as I will have it detailed.

Sponsored

MagicalTrev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GTPE
Yep, we have to speak up and not to just dealers but to Ford directly via emails phone and any other available access point. I had a transmission issue that i anticipated before purchase and questioned Ford about it whom assured me that the issue was gone and not to worry but it happened. I ended by badgering Ford even the ceo untill i finally got some one interested near the top. Have no idea who it was but i was calling the ceo at the time and the very next day i received a call back saying the part was being air freighted and would be installed asap. They even inquired about my out of pocket expenses and paid them all including lodging rental car and out of pocket incidentals much to my surprise. Sometime it pays to badger the corporate office.
But the fact is if we don't rattle their cage and stay on them the job won't get done.
When did this happen? I have a Mach E that had the high voltage battery junction box fail just outside lemon law eligibility and it took four months to fix. Ford refused to do anything. Didn’t buy the car back, didn’t cover the rental, wouldn’t ensure parts were available. I called and emailed everyone, asked for supervisors, the whole nine. I never got a call back and in the end I feel like what I got for my money was a car barely good enough to scrape by getting lemon lawed and an absolute refusal to stand behind a failing product from a company with a ceo who likes to talk about how important customers are.

BBB

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250, focus, cmax energy.
Occupation
retired
When did this happen? I have a Mach E that had the high voltage battery junction box fail just outside lemon law eligibility and it took four months to fix. Ford refused to do anything. Didn’t buy the car back, didn’t cover the rental, wouldn’t ensure parts were available. I called and emailed everyone, asked for supervisors, the whole nine. I never got a call back and in the end I feel like what I got for my money was a car barely good enough to scrape by getting lemon lawed and an absolute refusal to stand behind a failing product from a company with a ceo who likes to talk about how important customers are.
The incident was in 1994 with my new Bronco. Before the purchase i had talked to people at Ford about the transmission because I new the new OD transmission would not last if used to back up heavy boats. They assured me it would and i said my experience with the fleet i was managing had proven the new tranny did not like to back up heavy loads.
Anyway they guaranteed it would not fail they had already address the issue. I said in that case i will take a chance and bought a Bronco to my specs. Back then you could pick whatever features you wished. I documented everything and sure enough the first time i back up a boat the tranny failed.
I kept the Bronco for a couple of years and sold it to a rich friend and years later he offered it back to me. I should have taken it it looked and run well but i didn't need any more vehicles. When i asked him why he didn't just sell it he said he had tried but no one would buy it cause of the mileage....I think he said it had just under 400,000 miles still all original

MagicalTrev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GTPE
Im glad that worked out. I don’t think Ford is the same company that it was in the 90s.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Without any modifications it works just fine. You get some error codes at startup that clear themselves.

There is a complete solution which seamlessly integrates the Comma3x with the Lightning (requires modifying a harness or reaching out to a kind forum member that will make you one). With that harness there are zero errors, and zero issues.
How has the Comma3x been? I looked at them before but I wasn't too sure how good it was.
Sponsored