Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
HAHA I think I will, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thank you!
So pretty anti-climactic at the dealer. They just said ok and gave me my key back. The fix did work though, so thank you!!
Sponsored

PJnc284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Dealer was nice enough to update the BCM today while replacing the battery sensor and now WAL is working. One oddity is that I have the Power running boards and they retract after closing the door but when the WAL activates, the running boards deploy, truck locks and then running boards retract 30 sec or so later.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Screenshot_20241024_110805_FordPass

BMac1203

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Apologies to sound silly, can you point out the exact value that needs to be changed to an 8?

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
for ID 706-12-01 it shows xxxx x8xx xx--
this means you would change the 2nd set, 2nd digit to an 8 as seen in the xxxx x8xx xx--

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Dealer was nice enough to update the BCM today while replacing the battery sensor and now WAL is working. One oddity is that I have the Power running boards and they retract after closing the door but when the WAL activates, the running boards deploy, truck locks and then running boards retract 30 sec or so later.
Depending on if they were dealer installed aftermarket or OEM factory boards, I can only attest to the aftermarket boards. They are wired to the lock/unlock wire and or door switch for the trigger to present or stow themselves. So most likely the trigger is sent from WAL, and they timeout to retract after 30 seconds

Sponsored

PJnc284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Depending on if they were dealer installed aftermarket or OEM factory boards, I can only attest to the aftermarket boards. They are wired to the lock/unlock wire and or door switch for the trigger to present or stow themselves. So most likely the trigger is sent from WAL, and they timeout to retract after 30 seconds
I have the oem steps. Found out that the behavior varies depending on which door I open. If I open and close the driver's door, steps retract, mirrors fold and truck locks all in about 8 seconds or before I can even walk around the front of the truck. If I open and close the passenger door, the steps retract at about 8 seconds but it's another 10-12 before the steps redeploy, mirrors fold and truck locks. Then it's an additional delay until the steps retract again.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
OEM could be dealer or factory installed. Not sure if there is coding in Forscan you can modify to change this.
Sponsored